TAL sampler question

Official support for: tal-software.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i was one of the first to buy tal sampler. still use and Love it love it love it.
Havent updated it in forever though, which is moronic of me. heres my question: I know tal drums have auto slice, a feature i used a lot in renoise. My life would improve 10000% if auto slice is now in tal sampler as well? IS it? Could it be?

it isn't, I'm afraid. Manual slicing is pretty quick but no auto slice as yet, I'll check in with Patrick and see if it's in the feature request list tho. I tend to auto slice in Bitwig then drop the slices into TAL Sampler's mapping editor.
You should update, a lot has changed! (or perhaps you don't like change, in which case, don't!) :)
emptyvessel
Professional sound design for manufacturers and composers
Sound Designer @ Novation.TAL.Arturia.UnfilteredAudio.Kilohearts.PaulHaslinger(composer).Tritik.Xils.AEModular.
https://store.emptyvessel.co.nz/

Does anybody know if this is a planned feature, and if not, if there's a reason for it? Since it's in TAL-Drum I'd assume it would eventually make its way into Sampler, but the lack of this feature is really what's holding me back from buying it, since I'd prefer to use Sampler for chopping up drum loops. I'd love to send a request for this feature if it hasn't been submitted already.

Auto slicing can never be fully trusted anyway. it still requires manually checking each (if you care about them).
One thing I really wish was added though is undo. There are a few buttons on there I've accidentally clicked after having completed slicing.. bloop. all work gone. lol be careful

Ghost_Train wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:11 pm Auto slicing can never be fully trusted anyway. it still requires manually checking each (if you care about them).
Yep, but in my experience it's MUCH more efficient to autoslice a drum loop and manually adjust where necessary than to slice the whole thing manually

concealed identity wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:02 pm
Ghost_Train wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:11 pm Auto slicing can never be fully trusted anyway. it still requires manually checking each (if you care about them).
Yep, but in my experience it's MUCH more efficient to autoslice a drum loop and manually adjust where necessary than to slice the whole thing manually
I contacted him and drops a little suggestion. We'll see if that gets implemented. I think a lot of people are wanting this in TAL Sampler

Ghost_Train wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:53 pm
I contacted him and drops a little suggestion. We'll see if that gets implemented. I think a lot of people are wanting this in TAL Sampler
That's so cool of you, thank you!

Honestly it's really the only thing keeping me from picking it up, as it's my one of my main uses of a sampler. For now, the sampler track in Cubase does autoslicing for me, but I'd ideally like to switch to TAL Sampler if I could.

concealed identity wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:17 am
Ghost_Train wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:53 pm
That's so cool of you, thank you!

Honestly it's really the only thing keeping me from picking it up, as it's my one of my main uses of a sampler. For now, the sampler track in Cubase does autoslicing for me, but I'd ideally like to switch to TAL Sampler if I could.
Ey yea. no problem. It's got to by top of the list for me too. I also use Ableton Live and Renoise's built-in samplers. But TAL Sampler is exctra fun with the timestretch (esp on amen break), the filter and resampling tweaks. Def has that retro vibe to it. It took some getting used to at first but once you know how it works and learn the little quirks is so nice. Ive just been chopping breaks and saving the presets for them when im not making music. It can embed the samples into the preset for easy backup and sharing.

Return to “TAL Software”