Sequential Trigon 6

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Already mentioned in the MiniMoog thread and released on the same day, but it was apparently Dave Smith’s last synth and deserves its own thread. 6-note polyphony, 3-osc, ladder filter, analog. Sounds great, not cheap, no module version yet. Personally, I think it sounds great, but won’t be replacing my Prophet 6, Rev2, or PolyBrute.

https://www.sequential.com/product/trigon-6/

https://youtu.be/tNBzSMB6sS8

https://youtu.be/itYRgI1wluk

https://youtu.be/zANHQC-qmvw
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7 | TR-8S | MPC One | TD-3 MO

I’m already thinking of it. I’ve always wanted a Prophet 6 with a third oscillator, so I wouldn’t have to loose one to get two LFOs. The SEM (which I miss from my Pro 2) and ladder, would also be nice. The only thing that’s not making it an insta-buy is that my Prophet 6 is a desktop module, and some things would have to go to fit this one in… and I’m not sure what, or if I’m willing to get rid of anything. Very cool concept, though.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Yeah. It certainly is intriguing. I’m sure they’ll release a module within a few months, so I’m keeping an open mind for if/when that happens. But, like you, something else would need to go to make space/free up ins and outs and I’m in no hurry to get rid of any of my toys.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7 | TR-8S | MPC One | TD-3 MO

I'm not a huge ladder fan, so out of the "6" trinity this one seems the least exciting to me, though 3 oscillators in 6 voice unison must sound gnarly on this thing. Too early to have a solid opinion, but one thing's for sure - my OB-6 isn't going anywhere.

It sounds incredible, especially some from middle video up here.
I looked at Dave at NAMM presenting Pro-3 now some years ago and wondered - where is the polysynth of this?
- and here it is

I fear though, could not find a manual yet, that it is the same procedure doing compare-save as P6. REV2 is much more smooth in this area, you do compare and look around and navigate to find one sound to overwrite - then just press write. On P6 you had to navigate twice, one with global/compare on and one this off, if finding a spot to overwrite in another bank this is rather cumbersome. No showstopper, just not as convenient.

Are to arrive in march-23 according to Gear4music. Price tag around €3700, so not that much more than P6.

lfm wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:15 am It sounds incredible, especially some from middle video up here.
I looked at Dave at NAMM presenting Pro-3 now some years ago and wondered - where is the polysynth of this?
- and here it is

I fear though, could not find a manual yet, that it is the same procedure doing compare-save as P6. REV2 is much more smooth in this area, you do compare and look around and navigate to find one sound to overwrite - then just press write. On P6 you had to navigate twice, one with global/compare on and one this off, if finding a spot to overwrite in another bank this is rather cumbersome. No showstopper, just not as convenient.

Are to arrive in march-23 according to Gear4music. Price tag around €3700, so not that much more than P6.
This isn’t a poly Pro3. A poly Pro3 is a P6+OB6+T6. This has a ladder filter with a 12db/24db switch of some kind. No other filters.

So far my ears rank the triumvirate as:
1) OB6
2) T6
3) P6

vitocorleone123 wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:02 am
So far my ears rank the triumvirate as:
1) OB6
2) T6
3) P6
I’m much more of a Prophet guy/happy P6 owner and not really an Obie guy, so I’d reverse that order. But, regardless of which camp you fall in, I feel like the difference in sound between the P6 and OB-6 is far greater than the difference between the P6 and T6. In other words, it seems like it would make more sense to pair an OB-6 with a P6 or a T6 than it would to pair a P6 and T6. IDK, maybe I just need to hear more demos, though. :shrug:

I think this sounds really good. There's a bit of the distortion that's quite distinctive, maybe too much. But the bright sounds sound great, and when the filter turns down I think the sound is amazingly rich.

I've saved up a poly fund, but haven't been able to find something that really ticks all the boxes so far. This one is interesting though.

Tone.sounds more like P6 than a Moog to me. Quite modern but rich sounding.

Trigon 6 module is finally announced (MAP: $2,499, expected to be shipping in August).

https://www.sequential.com/product/trig ... op-module/

Perfect synth except for the price, which is for rich people, not us poor folk!
<list your stupid gear here>

I just saw that Sweetwater has it priced at $2,249, which is $50 less than the Prophet 6 ($2,299) and $150 less than the OB-6 ($2,399), so it's actually the cheapest of the Sequential "6" series.

Edit: so I just realized that the $2,249 price is with a limited time mail-in intro rebate from Sequential for $250. Without the rebate, it’s $2,499 and is the most expensive of the three.

cryophonik wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 9:13 pm I just saw that Sweetwater has it priced at $2,249, which is $50 less than the Prophet 6 ($2,299) and $150 less than the OB-6 ($2,399), so it's actually the cheapest of the Sequential "6" series.

Edit: so I just realized that the $2,249 price is with a limited time mail-in intro rebate from Sequential for $250. Without the rebate, it’s $2,499 and is the most expensive of the three.
To be fair, this is new. The P6 desktop was released 8 years ago and the OB-6 desktop 7 years ago.

I recently added the two Trigon-6 models into my List of MPE Hardware Synthesizers thread.

A 6 month old Trigon has come up for sale locally for $1300AUD cheaper than new price! :o
I really don't have room for another keyboard though :cry:

If this comes in then my Prologue 16 will have to move off the main stand ( after playing it, it just sounds so good and musical to be sold)
Then either one of SQ80, Yamaha VL1 or Technics WSA1 will have to go.
The WSA1 only cost me $300 and is my only controller with 2 X-Y trackballs, so likely not worth selling although it takes up space.
SQ80 for the poly aftertouch and great sounds and only cost me $300, so again not worth moving.
VL1 is so rare and unique, and worth a fair bit....

Unless I can somehow squeeze the Trigon into the space where I currently have my Hydrasynth Explorer temporarily sitting, and previously an Sh-2 (sold)
This spot in front of the right side monitor - Trigon is only 1 octave bigger so maybe.... :pray:
Last edited by CoolColJ on Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Looks like an empty shelf in the lower left of the second pic, right above your Peak (I believe that's what it is?). Move the Hydrasynth there and park the T6 in front of you!

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”