Request for quality sounds for the "LinnStrument MPE" library for Surge XT

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Roger_Linn wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:02 pm Unfortunately wavetabler only runs on Windows.
It looks like this is just a port of WaveEdit, so one could run that on a mac. But more unfortunate, it doesn't do the interpolation that I need (unless it's really well hidden and not in the manual).

Thank you though, k2006.

re: making wavetables

Many apologies if I sent anyone off on a wild goose chase with this question. It turns out Serum is not exporting all the interpolation data, just the keyframes, as it were. So Surge must be doing the interpolation itself. This means I could manually put together a wavetable in Audacity, if I could just figure out how to properly edit the headers of a .wav file. Thanks to this thread I'm halfway there: viewtopic.php?t=517146

I just don't know where exactly to paste the "<!>2048 01000000 wavetable (www.xferrecords.com)"

I will report back when I've got it sorted.

i made a wavetable with 2048 sample, 256 times repeated,seems to work in surge,but the final amplitude has to be -6 db.my steps in Audacity,one track with single cycle sine of 2048 samples repeated 255 times( total 256) , another track saw waves,tracks crossfaded,merged and amplitude reduced to -6db.

k2006 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:53 am i made a wavetable with 2048 sample, 256 times repeated,seems to work in surge,but the final amplitude has to be -6 db.my steps in Audacity,one track with single cycle sine of 2048 samples repeated 255 times( total 256) , another track saw waves,tracks crossfaded,merged and amplitude reduced to -6db.
Sounds a bit cumbersome, but easier than writing a wav header apparently :-p Thank you!

baconpaul wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:31 pm https://github.com/surge-synthesizer/su ... s-In-Surge This might help
That should be very helpful, thanks!

Hi Guys,

I just downloaded Surge to see what I could come up with.

Is typing in values the only way of changing modulation amounts?

Having to right click, then click then type a number in to adjust something for me is a killer.

Am I missing something obvious here?

Cheers

Andy
Bitwig, against the constitution.

BobDog wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:32 am Is typing in values the only way of changing modulation amounts?
No, of course not!

Double cklick on the moduation source so it turns green and all the possible modulation target sliders also turn green. Then move the target slider of your choice to apply the modullation amount you want to set. Click on the green modulation source again to leave assining mode.

Also watch this video for further details:

https://youtu.be/6g7pEUh6Ah8?t=220

Great, thanks for that.

I promise I looked in the manual and couldn't find anything but obviously I am a total numptie :)
Bitwig, against the constitution.

Many thanks to thoughtFrom for his excellent patches for Surge XT. I especially like his Dark Cello and Duduk.

....And thanks for the great Youtube Linnstrument vids.

My favourite patch in Surge XT is Clarinot by Miles Parker, as it is polyphonic, has a wide dynamic range, and provides a tight envelope.

On the nightly build, another patch I like is the EP + Pad by Roger Linn.

Surge XT 1.2.0 has been released, but Miles' patches seem to be missing, so if anyone is interested, they are still available from this post.

Entirely my fault, sigh. I got caught up with Deluge stuff and never followed up with Surge team. I've just got back into it and tweaked them some based on Roger's feedback. Going to take another pass at them and then update here and follow up w/ Roger and Surge team. Perfection being the enemy of the good and all that.

Some of Roger's sounds are excellent. I'm wondering if he or anyone else would be able to make a decent concertina sound. Been enjoying Cormac Begley's music and seems like it would be a good fit for the Linnstrument.

Example:
https://youtu.be/cwu_LewPc2o

euanek wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 3:52 am Some of Roger's sounds are excellent. I'm wondering if he or anyone else would be able to make a decent concertina sound. Been enjoying Cormac Begley's music and seems like it would be a good fit for the Linnstrument.
Maybe, but Roger is busy. Try asking Max.

Return to “Roger Linn Design”