Drum Synth 500 v1.1 Is Not v.1.1, Issues with Monterey

Official support for: www.airmusictech.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Drum Synth 500

Trying to download the 1.1 update on the website to see if I can get it working on the newest MacOS Monterey, but while the ZIP says it is 1.1, installed versions of the plugin still say 1.0.

Possible the devs simply didn't update the version number, but I cannot get this version to run on Monterey unlike all the other instruments. Every other instrument plugin is working just fine, but Drum Synth 500 just crashes my DAW to desktop. Standalone version also just crashes after launch.

Is there a proper update available?

Does anyone else have Drum Synth 500 working on Monterey? Standalone or as VST?

Crickets from AIR on this issue.

I have got the same issue, too. Did you manage to get it run?

You might be right about the version. The info.plist file states that the bundle version is 1.0. The files in in the zip were also last modified 13.01.2020.

Never got it working, no. Or any response from support.

same issue here, 12.3 on 2021 Macbook Pro
they're hopeless.
Last edited by sqigls on Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I got a response from the support last week. The support asked me to download the newest version of drum synth 500, which I already downloaded. Then he tried to reset my license but that did not solve the issue, too. Since then I did not get another reply...

i downloaded this just now. They are utterly hopeless. Check the date on the actual installer.
It's more than 2 years old.

airdrumsynth500.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

While AIR is bumping threads, maybe you can sort this shit out?
Guiding customers to a 2 year old installer. Like you have no idea about your own software.
You guys should be ashamed of yourselves.

The link with the text "Drum Synth 500 Version 2021 Update for Mac" leads directly to the above mentioned installer. From Jan 2020.

Does Drumsynth 500 natively on an M1 mac? And how about macos Monterey? Can find infos on AIR webpage...

it doesn't run on an M1 mac at all, so far as i don't know of anyone who has it working on an M1 mac at all. Boom works though, in Rosetta mode obviously.
The supposed "new" installer is just the old installer renamed.

a note for fellow DRUM SYNTH 500 owners, currently using M1/M2 processors or OS later than BigSur... I received a reply about the so called "Drum Synth 500 Version 2021 Update for Mac"
of which Air was very sly in releasing. I doubt any of the older plugins will be updated, hence the new drum synth release, to which they didn't even offer DrumSynth500 owners an upgrade path.

This company is shady. I hope you will save your money for other companies that offer a bit more transparency and genuine support. I'll personally never give them any more money.

Anyway. My email and reply...

Your download for
"Drum Synth 500 Version 2021 Update for Mac"
the zip file actually contains an installer dated 14 January 2020 at 4:00 am
Where can i find the ACTUAL 2021 updated installer?

Thank you for your time.

Thank you for your email.

The version is the latest one, that's just the date it was finalized and uploaded to the website.

Please be advised that these AIR plugins are not currently officially supported on Monterey or Ventura or on M1 processors. For more information on support status, please see the following article:

Monterey
https://support.airmusictech.com/en/sup ... patibility
Big Sur
Ventura

Both the article above and product pages will be updated as an when the support status of each title changes.

Please be advised that we cannot provide a timeframe for a release date at present.

This is likely the reason as to why the plugins are not behaving as expected. Moving forward, we can only advised using these titles on an officially supported version of OSX (OSX 10.8.5 - 10.14).

Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience.

sqigls wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:55 pm it doesn't run on an M1 mac at all, so far as i don't know of anyone who has it working on an M1 mac at all. Boom works though, in Rosetta mode obviously.
The supposed "new" installer is just the old installer renamed.
95% of AIR's stuff (and anything that was in the Expansion Pack or released years ago) is VST2-only, so that stuff will never be M1 Native unless they port them to VST3.

The only VST3 Plug-ins they have are some of the newer stuff that they created for the MPC Ecosystem (and just have a VST version to further monetize it).

For example, they have a newer Drum Synth instrument ported from the MPC Software, so I don't think they will ever bother updating Drum Synth 500. In reality, I actually think those are practically the same instruments (DrumSynth in MPC showed up around the time DrumSynth 500 became a thing). They just refuse to release it as an update/upgrade when they can simply get people to pay again for the same basic instrument.

If I said you are blocked, I won't see your posts. Please kindly refrain from quoting or replying to me.
"Notifications for Nothing" are annoying. Blocking me in return is a good way to avoid this.

Drum Synth 500 does run on my Macbook Pro M2. I can’t tell if the installer would work, I had my old machine migrated to the new…

Tj Shredder wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 6:18 am Drum Synth 500 does run on my Macbook Pro M2. I can’t tell if the installer would work, I had my old machine migrated to the new…
which format is it?

here's some follow up of my emails with Air...

i replied...
You release an "update", a year after your installer is already online.
You rename this installer and give your customers the impression that the software they have purchased or might soon purchase - will be updated soon.

HOWEVER, you then release another drum machine, and don't even give the owners of a Drum Synth 500 license an upgrade path. Let's be straight. You're repackaging old stuff to keep selling so called new stuff.
they replied...
Thank you for expressing your concerns, and I sincerely apologize for any confusion or disappointment caused by the Drum Synth 500 update.
I understand that you had expected a more substantial update, and I deeply regret any misunderstandings that may have arisen.
Please be assured that we are committed to providing our customers with the best possible experience, and it is never our intention to repackage old products as new ones. However, due to the limitations of the Drum Synth 500 and compatibility issues with newer systems, we have faced challenges in releasing a more recent update that meets our high quality standards.
so basically, they didn't have the skills to write an update, so they decided to not actually update but tell everyone they did update. Then repackage the same drum synth as a new product. Because they have "high quality standards".

Return to “AIR Music Technology”