Loom 3

Official support for: www.airmusictech.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Any thoughts if there will be a loom 3 , as 2 is just awsome !

Macncheese wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:21 am Any thoughts if there will be a loom 3 , as 2 is just awsome !
Yes, it definately is! That would be great but my impression of the company is that it won't every happen unless you heard something through the grapevine about it?

The last update I received for version 2 seemed to be the exact same version just re-relased. Not sure what is up with them.

Same , i haven’t heard anything , that synth is just way ahead of a lot of things !

It would be nice but I somehow doubt it will happen.

It's not clear if Loom II supports Apple Silicon - the website says it supports M1 chips but that could mean using Rosetta

https://www.airmusictech.com/virtual-in ... om-ii.html

A Loom III would be very welcome - was one of my favourite synths but broken at the moment

I love Loom 2 and would dearly love to see it maintained. Still using it on an M1. There's nothing like it, a truly unique synth.

tonycore wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:44 pm I love Loom 2 and would dearly love to see it maintained. Still using it on an M1. There's nothing like it, a truly unique synth.
How is it doing on M1? tbh I was having problems with it on Big Sur (Intel) before I got my new Mac Studio - does it need Rosetta?

Yes, it runs in Rosetta if you use the AU version. I am using it inside Gig Performer and it runs fine. I have the 14" MacBook pro with the M1 Pro chip.

tonycore wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 4:50 pm Yes, it runs in Rosetta if you use the AU version. I am using it inside Gig Performer and it runs fine. I have the 14" MacBook pro with the M1 Pro chip.
Where is the AU version? When I download for Macbook Air M1, it just installs and I get one choice in my DAW (Ardour 8) that it 'cannot open vst2 module, scan failed'. Has Ardour dropped vst2 format I wonder.
On the other hand, Loom 2 works (minus the occasional crash and scaling/module-displacement issue) on my Windows machine.
Could you send me the AU version so I can test it or tell me where to obtain it?

EDIT: It's now working on my MacBook Air M1 using the Ardour DAW.

It may have simply been a question of a reboot, but unsure. I will probably look better into it when I find the time, but in any case, it works, at least for now, and the GUI's size is fine as well.
Last edited by Borbolactic on Mon Dec 25, 2023 11:15 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Borbolactic wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:32 pm
tonycore wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 4:50 pm Yes, it runs in Rosetta if you use the AU version. I am using it inside Gig Performer and it runs fine. I have the 14" MacBook pro with the M1 Pro chip.
Where is the AU version? When I download for Macbook Air M1, it just installs and I get one choice in my DAW (Ardour 8) that it 'cannot open vst2 module, scan failed'. Has Ardour dropped vst2 format I wonder.
On the other hand, Loom 2 words (minus the occasional crash and scaling/module-displacement issue) on my Windows machine.
Could you send me the AU version so I can test it or tell me where to obtain it?
It's likely failing AU scan, but it doesn't run fine. The AU version in Rosetta does not respond to any drop down submenu, they're all broken in Apple Silicon. The VSTi version wrapped in Bitwig does work.

machinesworking wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:10 pm
Borbolactic wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:32 pm
On the other hand, Loom 2 words (minus the occasional crash and scaling/module-displacement issue) on my Windows machine.
It's likely failing AU scan, but it doesn't run fine. The AU version in Rosetta does not respond to any drop down submenu, they're all broken in Apple Silicon. The VSTi version wrapped in Bitwig does work.
Good to know, thanks.
I have yet to test Loom 2 properly (just got it), such as with dropdown submenus, but if I scale down my (Windows) display resolution from 150% to 100%, then open my DAW & Loom 2 and then scale my display back up to its 150% default, Loom scales nicely and still outputs sound (assuming I've described the sequence correcly-- I'm not on that laptop ATM) and hasn't crashed yet. I also followed someone's advice here and made Ardour a priority process via Task Manager. So we'll see. In the mean time, I'll be contacting AIR to let them know. I am ok with having Loom only on my Windows and not on my Mac.

BTW, here's one of my comments.
"The most dangerous man, to any government, is the man who is able to think things out for himself... Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane and intolerable..." ~ H.L. Mencken

Such a pity this great plugin has been abandoned

aMUSEd wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:47 pm Such a pity this great plugin has been abandoned
Absolutely. Loom is the best thing they put out by a long shot, like I said I have a soft spot for the noisey pads of hybrid3 but Loom is truly unique. I’m enough of a sucker that if they give it the Vacuum treatment where they release “Tube Synth” I might bite on “Weaver” or whatever they call it.

Yes…love Loom and there is no other synth like it, I’ve attempted to imitate it with other synths and I can’t even come close, really. It’s one of the few truly unique synth architectures that I’ve found, with a sound all its own.

It fails the AU scan in Digital Performer (I’m on 11.3) but loads and runs fine. It passes in Gig Performer (4.5) and runs fine in GP on my M1 MBP (of course using the Apple hosting process for Intel architecture AU plugins, apparently a sort of mini-Rosetta but quite transparent to me).

Flipping Software
tonycore wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:31 pm Yes…love Loom and there is no other synth like it, I’ve attempted to imitate it with other synths and I can’t even come close, really. It’s one of the few truly unique synth architectures that I’ve found, with a sound all its own.

It fails the AU scan in Digital Performer (I’m on 11.3) but loads and runs fine. It passes in Gig Performer (4.5) and runs fine in GP on my M1 MBP (of course using the Apple hosting process for Intel architecture AU plugins, apparently a sort of mini-Rosetta but quite transparent to me).
Write those things loud enough, guys, and the corporates are going to try to charge you for it, like property-flipping.

Virsyn appears to have done little with Cube (now apparently Cube 2 [as opposed to Cube Pro or whatever]) and appears to be money-grabbing its relatively-older, dolled-up tech, complete with a recent You Tube video of a play on a vocal audio that it seems Iris 2 can/could do. (Is Iris 2 yet another abandoned project, incidentally?)

That's 'appears'. Correct it if my perception is off.
"The most dangerous man, to any government, is the man who is able to think things out for himself... Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane and intolerable..." ~ H.L. Mencken

Return to “AIR Music Technology”