Checking browser in login...

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Few days ago, in KVR login process, I started to get this browser checking screen:
checkingbrowserkvr.png
Did not notice earlier but yesterday, when logged in KVR, Google search started to ask captcha confirmation because of they noticed some additional traffic from my IP. Ending KVR session also ends the captcha thing and Google search works normally.

This happens with Firefox (latest) and Chrome (latest). I don't have any plug-ins/addons installed for the browsers (Captcha info suggests disabling plug-ins/addons).

Any suggestions what's going on ? Spamming, monitoring through KVR session?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Yep, everytime!

You sure you wanted to post this in the DSP and Plugin Development forum?

Do you perhaps use a VPN?
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

the cloudfare thing has come up before
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=569668
ben did something here to help change it, maybe it's another update has caused it to start again?

fese wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:45 pm You sure you wanted to post this in the DSP and Plugin Development forum?
This sub-forum is the only forum I use here.
BertKoor wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:50 pm Do you perhaps use a VPN?
Nope.

Ubuntu 18.04 here and this issue is just here forums (I've seen this Browser checking screen appear after following some links returned by Google search but never followed those links ... now it's here as a part of a login process only ... otherwise not).

Why I'm concerned is that Google search reports unknown (for me) traffic coming from my IP so something ((unknown to me) hopefully legal) happens when I log to this site.

EDIT: Tested this with another PC (Ubuntu 20.04, not connected to web until now) and login goes to browser checking routine as described ... .
Last edited by juha_p on Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I get this "checking" too. I don't use a VPN. I contacted my internet provider today to ask if my IP was maybe a bad one.

"Why I'm concerned is that Google search reports unknown (for me) traffic coming from my IP so something ((unknown to me) hopefully legal) happens when I log to this site."

Can you tell me more about the above?

Biome_Digital wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:03 pm Can you tell me more about the above?
I described it in my opening post. Google search started to ask if I'm a robot because of there was 'too much' traffic coming from my IP address. This happened only when I had logged in to KVR forum (tried to use Google search while posting). Looks like this Google search issue is not present ATM but, if it comes back, I'll take a screenshot of the captcha asking screen.

juha_p wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:16 pm
Biome_Digital wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:03 pm Can you tell me more about the above?
I described it in my opening post. Google search started to ask if I'm a robot because of there was 'too much' traffic coming from my IP address. This happened only when I had logged in to KVR forum (tried to use Google search while posting). Looks like this Google search issue is not present ATM but, if it comes back, I'll take a screenshot of the captcha asking screen.
I've also had this Google thinking I am a robot just for searching. I don't use Google any more, so I don't know if it still does it to me. I would like to know why KVR makes this check, though.

Does google know who you are? (gmail / youtube account)

Is KvrAudio using google adds?

If the answers are no & yes respectively, you might be on to something...

I get a message when logging in about checking something with Cloudflare. Also, there is something called a Ray ID at the bottom of the message. I don't like having to use javascript whenever I log in, which is my only complaint.

BertKoor wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:41 pm Does google know who you are? (gmail / youtube account)

I have an account on both services but, I'm not using those services with these two Linux computers in daily use. Also, notice that the Google search issue is not present ATM so, this probably means that there isn't additional traffic now (have to try find some network monitoring software for Ubuntu to see if this is the case).

I tested with Safari in private mode, and I get the cloudflare browser check delay as well.
Plus the "quick reply" feature isn't there.

Me thinks it's missing some cookies, that's all.

Possibly due to our browser privacy settings, then.

In order to check our browsers, they must be taking information from our browsers without our consent. I'm not comfortable with that at all. What is it they are checking for?

Return to “Site Stuff”