Arturia Software Center Cant connect to Arturia servers

Official support for: arturia.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I see. In that case it makes sense.
But I don't think there are any new releases ATM other than the new audio interfaces?

But IT breaks, it's a law. ;-)

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

ThomasHelzle wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:18 am I see. In that case it makes sense.
But I don't think there are any new releases ATM other than the new audio interfaces?

But IT breaks, it's a law. ;-)

Cheers,

Tom
No, this seems to be another issue. Support only said they're working on it. And that I shouldn't save my projects with deactivated plugins or they would probably lose the settings.

Last release was SQ80 about two weeks ago, then I also had download problems in ASC, but activation worked.

I remember faintly, that ASC login didn't work during V Collection 8 release I think, for me too.

I have to say that it's affecting people who already have their products registered as well. I was trying to compose a piece last night because (of course) inspiration was running HOT! And I could only use my V Collection 8 in demo mode. WHAT?!?!

This is unacceptable! How can I NOT use products that I've had registered on my computer for months? It just makes no sense at all. :x

Oh, and I literally tried it about 10 minutes ago.

- MM
"I just do what the song asks of me!" - Brandon Drury @RecordingReview.com

"Hey, hey, hey, hey-now. Don't be mean; we don't have to be mean, cuz, remember, no matter where you go, there you are.
" - Buckaroo Banzai

Mannakin wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:06 pm I have to say that it's affecting people who already have their products registered as well. I was trying to compose a piece last night because (of course) inspiration was running HOT! And I could only use my V Collection 8 in demo mode. WHAT?!?!

This is unacceptable! How can I NOT use products that I've had registered on my computer for months? It just makes no sense at all. :x

Oh, and I literally tried it about 10 minutes ago.

- MM
Please also open a ticket and express your concern.
https://www.arturia.com/support/askforhelp/issues

Btw it seems to work again now. Had to download a ASC update 2.30.278 and after some while loading, the login worked again.

Btw this also states, that asc activations are online only. I've heard elsewhere that it may deactivate when you go offline on occasion. This should be made more clear. So offline activation is the only way to prevent this.

Wow, it didn't occur to me to try one of the instruments so I didn't know they only work when connected!
That indeed would be idiotic.
In the real world, the internet is not always available.
And if as a result the demo version would destroy your work, that would be actually crazy bad...

Funny how in this day and age people still believe that IT works 100% although we see everyday how things get hacked and break and fail.

Interesting.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi

I was first too at the impression that asc activations are permanent.
But it seems to make occasional online checks. That would be in line what Mannakin said.

I think arturia is at fault here for not communicating that right. AFAIK it's said that it online needs internet for first activation.

That is what I had assumed too.
There should at least be a kind of grace period of a couple of days or weeks if the server can't be reached and the plugins were activated before - anything else makes no sense, since the server knows how many activations are active, so you can't do anything "harmful" anyway as far as I can see?

Let's hope they improve that after this crash.

Cheers,

Tom

I had this problem too. Don't forget you can activate your licenses offline, they send you an email with a code.

Bulbizarre wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:12 pm I had this problem too. Don't forget you can activate your licenses offline, they send you an email with a code.
I mentioned this some posts before. It's the only way to make sure the activations are permanent.

Btw: I just wanted to check Arturia's wording on the protection. Eg. on the FX Collection they say:
Protection
The software is protected by the Arturia Software Center. You can learn more about it here.
Clicking on here, leads me to this site:
https://www.arturia.com/faq/arturiasoft ... are-center

Currently it says:
Hmm, the page you’re looking for can’t be found.

Anyone experiencing ASC being offline?
It's easy if you know how

check my other thread, if you have that problem:

viewtopic.php?t=579056

dermage wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:54 am check my other thread, if you have that problem:

viewtopic.php?t=579056
Thanks!
It's easy if you know how

This is still an issue. It's awfull. I had Pigments installed and activated on my machine and for no reason it got deactivated and now ASC is no working anymore, so I cannot use it. This is stupid and terrible user experience.

Return to “Arturia”