Arturia Software Center Cant connect to Arturia servers

Official support for: arturia.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Today on my laptop computer, ASC cant' connect to Arturia servers.
Version is 2.2.1.94 (current)

I'm running with internet access on a hotel WLAN. All other services work, I did several C/R activations today, only Arturia ASC won't connect.
Is this a known issue? Unfortunately I only have access on this laptop right now, my studio computer is out of reach.
Also tried re-installing ASC with no success.

Damn I hate these problems with C/R systems.
My Ilok works on or offline, License files work on or offline.

Additionally, 2 weeks I experienced a download problem for all products, could only resolve by manually downloading outside ASC.

Same here, I think their servers are down.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

ThomasHelzle wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:37 am Same here, I think their servers are down.

Cheers,

Tom
A BIG F**K UP!

Thanks for confirming.
Also maybe a certificate problem? I heard let's encrypt were changing things.
Btw I'm on Win 10 20H2. But that shouldn't matter anymore.

Nothing on our side I'm pretty sure, everything else works for me but several webservices had issues today worldwide.
Just try again tomorrow or download directly from their website - which seems to still be up.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi

ThomasHelzle wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:43 am Nothing on our side I'm pretty sure, everything else works for me but several webservices had issues today worldwide.
Just try again tomorrow or download directly from their website - which seems to still be up.

Cheers,

Tom
Downloading doesn't help. I have all products installed. I just can't activate them. The essential thing :(

Lol, just tried the "offline" activation process, but also this seems to be a manual process for them

"Offline activation

Thank you for submitting your Request File.
We will send you back your Activation File by email as soon as possible.
You will then have to load it into the Arturia Software Center using the button 'Load Activation file'."

The offline activation process actually creates a technical support ticket where it says, they will react within 48 hours or less.
Cool thing with that activation system.

I call this the worst case scenario for a C/R System...

Ok, sorry for triple post.
But indeed the offline activation process was quicker than I thought. I got the offline licenses some minutes after requesting, this way I can at least work now.

Good. Try with a bit more patience next time, especially when you're doing it in the middle of the night, when there could be server maintenance, or out times (your posts are from 2 to 3 a.m. in the night, French time).

Still they need to have like a backup plan. Like a 2nd server. I mean people are working around the clock with their products and pay good money.

Btw online activation was still not working an hour ago.

And they replied to my ticket 4 hours ago that the server has issues, but without a solution or time when to expect it working again.

Yes, I tried 20 minutes ago or so, and, the ASC couldn't connect to their servers either.

Again, stuff like that can happen. For everyone. You can always argue that companies should have a backup plan (I think it's a joke to say that they should have a second server though, because, they surely have), but, we're always talking about small businesses here. Even Arturia with their 120 employees, or so, are a rather small business.

Anyway, all that I can say is that you would have done better with a bit of patience, and without the "I hate these problems with C/R systems" and "BIG F*** UP!" comments. I don't think you'd think that would be very fair, if you heard those in your day job, when there are things happening that you might not even have control about (like, issues with Arturia's ISP).

I hear those words also in my other job. And sometimes yes they are accounted for. Like having a c/r system which is down half a day and no one can activate the product. People are working with these products to make their living, mixing and producing. Yes I know, not that respected area to work on, but still if paying good money, you could at least expect a plan for downtime and to keep it absolute minimum. And to communicate it better. For people like me also living from music that is quite affecting the daily work process.

dermage wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:36 am I hear those words also in my other job. And sometimes yes they are accounted for. Like having a c/r system which is down half a day and no one can activate the product.
Scandal.

Imagine their website is off for a day. Noone can even buy their products then. It always can happen. It's even out of the hands of the company, because, they have to rely on their ISP, and, if it isn't reliable, then it can go very wrong for them.

I know dozens of sites and services who had notorious issues with their ISP, before switching to a more reliable one.

That's all speculation though. None of us can possibly know what is going on on their side.

Yeah that's right.
In the end I'd be more calm if they'd at least communicated that right in my support ticket.

anyway, happy to at least can work now with my offline license until this is fixed.

Still can't connect today, so it seems to be a bigger issue, but great you got it working with the offline activation!
This never happened to me before with the Arturia Software Center since it exists, so not too shabby a performance I'd say.
Even the biggest companies are down every now and then.

Cheers,

Tom

ThomasHelzle wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:24 am Still can't connect today, so it seems to be a bigger issue, but great you got it working with the offline activation!
This never happened to me before with the Arturia Software Center since it exists, so not too shabby a performance I'd say.
Even the biggest companies are down every now and then.

Cheers,

Tom
Heard from other people that it happened before, mostly when they had new releases, that their servers were so hammered on release evening, that no login was possible either.
But this didn't last as long as this outage today.

Return to “Arturia”