Tutorial: Acoustic fingerpicking

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've been asked to do a tutorial based on the fingerpicking playthrough.
Here it is. Comments and questions welcome.

https://youtu.be/ExR4DtEcGu0

Cheers.
Mike,

Wonderful, Mike, thank you!
It is nice to see how you work with RC.
I realized a strange bug in the last few seconds of the video. When using "Strumming" and "Add Chord Notes" together, they produce additional short notes at the beginning. I am fixing this bug in this moment.

Thanks!
Attila

EDIT: the bug is fixed now

Mykyndryd_ wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:54 pm I've been asked to do a tutorial based on the fingerpicking playthrough.
Your videos are excellent, thank you. I subscribed to your channel because, honestly, it is the first time I see RapidComposer videos that I find truly inspiring. I blame myself, but I had already given up on the software, since I found it very hard to learn how to use it well. Perhaps I will try again!

This is an excellent and well explained tutorial, thank you very much, will check out your youtube channel.

musicdevelopments wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:04 pm Wonderful, Mike, thank you!
It is nice to see how you work with RC.
I realized a strange bug in the last few seconds of the video. When using "Strumming" and "Add Chord Notes" together, they produce additional short notes at the beginning. I am fixing this bug in this moment.

Thanks!
Attila

EDIT: the bug is fixed now
Thanks Attila. I did notice that too but wondered whether it was to do with the order in which I placed the variations. I hastily reduced the value back down again :)

Thanks for fixing so quickly.

Cheers.
Mike.

joebyrne3333 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:25 pm This is an excellent and well explained tutorial, thank you very much, will check out your youtube channel.
Thanks Joe. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Mike.

pumafred wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:35 pm
Mykyndryd_ wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:54 pm I've been asked to do a tutorial based on the fingerpicking playthrough.
Your videos are excellent, thank you. I subscribed to your channel because, honestly, it is the first time I see RapidComposer videos that I find truly inspiring. I blame myself, but I had already given up on the software, since I found it very hard to learn how to use it well. Perhaps I will try again!
Thanks pumafred.

It's a great piece of software and well worth jumping in there and just experimenting.
I like to start by creating a melody. The markov melody generator is good for experimenting with. (If you can't see it in your version (full version only) go to settings > miscellaneous and scroll to the bottom to experimental features and enable it. You'll need to restart Rapidcomposer).

Then harmonize the melody to get some chords and add arpeggiators / chords / whatever you like and just keep playing until you get something you are happy with.

Put some instuments on your tracks to bting them to life and have a great time :)

If there's a particular thing you want to do. Let me know and I'll see if I can rustle up a vid for it.

Cheers.
Mike.

Return to “Tips & Tricks”