Twister Sister - MIDI Fighter Twister controller extension

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey Dozius,

Just got an MFT and wanted to say thanks for the script.

Two quick questions
1. Is there a way to navigate through different pads on the Drum Machine and fx chains on those pads? I thought this might be the folder navigation button but that only works on folders.

2. Is there any information on how we setup user banks? Looking at github document it seems a bit limted on information, unless I am missing something. Do we need to edit the script or something. Id ike to setup 4 knobs to control send 1-4 on a selected track as a start

1. No, this is not something that the extensions does.
2. The user banks are left up to the user to map inside Bitwig using Bitwig's regular MIDI mapping capabilities. There is no deeper integration for these banks.

Hi.
Thanks for the script.

I'm having some issues, though. The usable range of the encoder is very short and centered around the middle position.

I have used a MIDI monitor to show what happens, maybe it's better a short video than a longer explanation.

https://youtu.be/KMZCrtq-T48

I'm a newbie to Bitwig, so it could perfectly be user error.

Thanks!

Encoders send increment/decrement values. The high value needs to be interpreted as 7-bit 2-complement to get a negative value. That is what you see, you need to add those values to the previous to get the actual value... That is why encoders are so much more convenient than pots. The range isn't limited to 0-127...

trotz wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:32 am Hi.
Thanks for the script.

I'm having some issues, though. The usable range of the encoder is very short and centered around the middle position.

I have used a MIDI monitor to show what happens, maybe it's better a short video than a longer explanation.

I'm a newbie to Bitwig, so it could perfectly be user error.

Thanks!
Most likely you haven't loaded the settings that come with the extension into your device. The device needs to be configured with the provided settings to work correctly with the extension. Please read the section of the documentation for installation of the extension.

Hi Dozius,

Is there any way I can get the latest v2 of your script to work with BWS 4.0.8 ? I noticed on your release it states 4.1+, but unfortunately my subscription expired at 4.0.8 and I'd still like to use this script if possible ?

Thanks
X20
Windows 11
Ryzen 7 5800X
ASRock X470 Taichi
32GB Corsair DDR4
EVGA RTX2070
Audient ID14 MK2
KRK VXT6 Monitors

No, v2 uses features in the API only available in 4.1 or higher. You'll need to stick with v1 of the extension until you upgrade Bitwig.

Updated to v2.0.1
  • Improve documentation on pinned indication
  • Fix crash in Bitwig v5 beta
https://github.com/dozius/TwisterSister ... /tag/2.0.1

Thanks for sharing !
Currently you latest build 2.01 seems to crash (still, I guess, i only started to use this today)

M-Prod wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 6:42 am Thanks for sharing !
Currently you latest build 2.01 seems to crash (still, I guess, i only started to use this today)
Make sure your device is setup correctly as per the installation instructions. If you've followed the installation instructions then also make sure your device is outputting the correct MIDI data. Had a user recently suffering from some kind of bug with their device which required reloading the firmware to fix.

https://github.com/dozius/TwisterSister/issues/11

Hei Dozius,
thank you for this very handy and functional script and the good documentation! :tu:
Have a nice weekend
Last edited by soehngenetic on Sun Aug 13, 2023 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EDIT: Downloaded latest Sister from Github and it's working!

Hi! Installed Bitwig v5 (5.04) on Windows 10 and after launch I get:

Code: Select all

Twister Sister crashed
Could not initialize class org.tomlj.internal.TomlLexer

Having the same crash problem. I have installed and reinstalled in the correct directory, running Bitwig 5.0.11, macOS 13.4.1

Thanks for this Excellent Script. I also experienced crashes but this was due to improper installation. After removing old installations and re installing all worked fine.
Kudos for the Ergonomic setup, really intuitive!
macOS 14.2, BW 5.1

Updated to v2.0.2
  • Fix crash when a device list is missing from specific device settings
https://github.com/dozius/TwisterSister ... /tag/2.0.2

Return to “Controller Scripting”