Loom 2 8 voice limitation

Official support for: www.airmusictech.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The synth is fantastic, really enjoyable to use (despite some GUI problems I have with some of your plugins since moving to W10) and probably my favorite of all your products. I know the old version has only 6 and it's been increased to 8, but it still kinda sucks for long release pads. Why not just bump it up to 32 or so? I'd think modern CPUs can handle that.

Have you noticed that development at AIR seems to be at a standstill these days?

New feature requests are probably not being monitored... they have plenty of fixes and OS compatibility updates to work on first, and even those might be iffy...
Windows 10 and too many plugins

zzz00m wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:34 pm Have you noticed that development at AIR seems to be at a standstill these days?
cough.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

zzz00m wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:34 pm Have you noticed that development at AIR seems to be at a standstill these days?

New feature requests are probably not being monitored... they have plenty of fixes and OS compatibility updates to work on first, and even those might be iffy...
Pretty sure there haven't been any major changes to any of the plugins for a long time (apart from the release of DS500). They did increase the amount of voices for Loom 2, but not nearly as much as I was hoping for.

Anyway, there is not much to lose by asking except a few minutes of my time. Even if they never touch it again, it's a usable plugin in it's current state and I'll keep using it until something similar (and better) comes along. But if they ever decide to give it another update, I won't complain ;)

They got absolutely roasted for this among other issues when the upgrade was released. viewtopic.php?t=492663

As you can see, the official response didn't engage with the criticisms at all, just claimed that the "silent majority" don't care, there is no money for improvements, and they had already included "over 50 new features". And then eventually "we have passed it on".

It's a shame because the sound engine has a lot of potential, but the clunky workflow makes it difficult to realise.

halcyon68 wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:58 pm
Even if they never touch it again, it's a usable plugin in it's current state and I'll keep using it until something similar (and better) comes along. But if they ever decide to give it another update, I won't complain ;)
I was surprised to see Loom II included in this article from Attack magazine. "We pick ten of the best modular software plugins on today’s market."

https://www.attackmagazine.com/reviews/ ... -software/

"And it sounds just gorgeous." :D
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Return to “AIR Music Technology”