Cherry Audio's CA2600 is available NOW!

Official support for: cherryaudio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Also, we'll be releasing an updated installer for CA2600 (within the next week or so) that will add one or two nice new features to the software. I'll post here when this update is available.

Thanks,
- Dan @ Cherry Audio

Good to see that ridiculous spike gone , but the updated filter doesn't sound stellar .
At least I know cherry Audio is more about marketing than modelling
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Still wondering when filter frequency is set to 10Khz and high res , there are spikes @6kz , 14Khz , etc..
It sounds absolutly horrible , more like vst from the early 2000
Eyeball exchanging

Self oscillating filter
Eyeball exchanging

Hello again,

Those artifacts do unfortunately appear when you use the software at 44.1 kHz, but we're working to largely eliminate them from the next update. If you use CA2600 at 48 kHz your audio should be artifact-free.

Thanks,
- Dan @ Cherry Audio

Why not oversample the filter , or make that user adjustable.
With all due respect , I have a pretty old pc and CA 2800 is running pretty efficiently , the most cpu intensive task is the stereo reverb ( not spring ) .
For me this was the first red flag , secondly as other users have reported there is no audible gain staging between the modules , the filter. can not be overdriven , no matter how loud you drive it .
The saturation algoritm and the preamp algoritm uses a cheap cpu efficient algoritm .
There were problems with the filter and imho there still is ,it amazes me so fes people were actually aware of it .
What I am trying to say is that the 2800 is not modelled at all , posting videos of endorcers that didn’t even notice the horrible filter issue just proves my point .
Focus more on modelling , less on promo blurb .
Sorry , but I can’t stand false advertising .
Eyeball exchanging

cherryDan wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:30 am Build 86 features improved filter code that correctly self-oscillates.
Thanks for the speedy fix, Dan. :)

gentleclockdivider wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:24 am it amazes me so fes people were actually aware of it .
What I am trying to say is that the 2800 is not modelled at all , posting videos of endorcers that didn’t even notice the horrible filter issue just proves my point .
Focus more on modelling , less on promo blurb .
Sorry , but I can’t stand false advertising .
You know, some just don't know and go with the hype "if X and Y say it sounds amazing, it must be true".
Others know and simply don't bother wasting time discussing it. Life is short and there's plenty of other things to worry about.

I wasn't impressed with DCO-106/60 so I simply ignored the marketing blurbs and general (honestly surprising!) hype (even on some outlets I have/had some consideration for their content quality) and just take the quality vs price ratio of these products as it is and use them where/when appropriate.

I like what CA did with Voltage Modular regarding UX and UI. It was a a really needed take on poly-friendly virtual modular that I've been waiting for some time to show up as a well thought out and well implemented product, though with some initial hicups that were quickly solved (and that's a strength of CA: listening and acting quickly). The resulting audio is usable within certain limitations and that's ok for me. The development environment for 3rd party devs of modules is stellar and should really be taken seriously by other SDK-oriented products (not the tech itself but the dev tools/environment, though the tech itself is quite impressive... even if clouded by marketing-speak which CA can't help using).

But... this new VST line of products... it's really a whole new world regarding what's out there already. Looks like pricing (and marketing) was where to bet on and that's ok. If the DSP aspect can be improved in the meantime, (only) then these might become serious contenders in the vast VST market, IMHO.

Until then, the feeling is we're getting what we've payed for and that's kinda ok, as long as the marketing isn't fooling customers.

Any reason why the spring reverb is summed
, while the plate is stereo ?
Last edited by gentleclockdivider on Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eyeball exchanging

Koshdukai wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:24 am
Until then, the feeling is we're getting what we've payed for and that's kinda ok, as long as the marketing isn't fooling customers.
Which they clearly do :lol:
Eyeball exchanging

gentleclockdivider wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:51 pm Any reason why the spring reverb is summed
, while the plate is stereo ?
Are you also contacting their support directly? I think you're providing them with valuable info and I'm not sure if this forum is the right place to do so.

Yes , but I don't want to be their beta-tester
It seems that they have absolutely no quality control , just rushing it out at fast as possible
If this was a beta I could understand , but it's an official release.
Sell lot's of them , invest in promo and ( maybe ) fix things later , if that's their ethos , screw them !
I wouldn't be surprised if CA2600 was build re-using cherry voltage modular code , for full audio rate signal path ,using stock voltage modular code , envelopes etc.. both have the 2-dimensional flat sound .
Eyeball exchanging

Hi there,
gentleclockdivider wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:51 pm Any reason why the spring reverb is summed, while the plate is stereo ?
The original ARP 2600 has a mono spring reverb tank. In fact everything about the ARP 2600 is mono, other than the master pan fader. We added our own stereo reverb algorithm as a nice upgrade, but we chose to stick to the original design in most instances.

- Dan @ Cherry Audio

This has the same resize bug as DCO-106. It is possible to resize the plugin window by dragging the right or bottom edge, but this will not resize the plugin itself. It then looks like this:

resize.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Reefius wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:10 pm This has the same resize bug as DCO-106. It is possible to resize the plugin window by dragging the right or bottom edge, but this will not resize the plugin itself.
Works fine for me in Fl Studio and Waveform Pro running on Windows 10. I tested the VST 2 and 3 version of both plugins, both updated to the latest versions.

Might be specific to OS and/or DAW? Or maybe a graphic card thing? Devs will have an easier time tracking it down with more info.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

Return to “Cherry Audio”