RapidComposer v4 beta feedback and discussion (locked)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

thebutler wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:05 am Ooh.! Sounds intriguing Attila... any chance of a quick screenshot or two please..? :-)

I tend not to run beta editions as a rule these days... system is old and being quite sensitive/fragile.! TIA

Bob
Hi Bob,

in DAW mode, the tracks are somewhat collapsed, phrases are displayed differently (you can move them horizontally but cannot transpose them), the piano keyboards are removed from tracks, notes are colored according to the track color, rubberbox selection works across tracks, and multiple phrases can be selected and moved freely. It is a simpler view of the composition for arranging things:

There are options for setting up this view:

Thanks,
Attila

BluGenes wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:33 am anyways, found that if you click the master track header, the lower tracks go away.. maybe describe what we should see when using it, only because what I see is either a bug, or a nice feature for quickly collapsing the tracks to a better view..
Hey BluGenes,

what do you mean by "lower tracks go away"?
By default the controller tracks are hidden, but you can change this behavior.
I tested this with many tracks, and none of them disappeared.

Thanks,
Attila

sj1 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 4:40 pm Hi.

I'm noticing that the color of notes in a selected phrase in non-DAW mode is very hard to see. (3rd phrase)

I don't see where these particular selected/non-selected phrase note colors might be set in the UI area. Are they there?
Hi Steve,

While I don't recommend to hide the phrase background, you can do so.
The background is useful especially for selections, as it changes to blue. You can change the color and transparency of the background in the color settings ("Phrase selection active").
"Phrase selected note" is the color for selected notes, however (and this will be improved shortly) the shading based on velocity is also applied on the selected color.

My last tip for better display of selected notes is that you should change this setting:

Please select "higher velocity -> more saturated notes" from the presets.
Do not let notes with small velocities look dark, because if you have no background, the notes won't be visible.

Thanks,
Attila

musicdevelopments wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 11:05 am
BluGenes wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:33 am anyways, found that if you click the master track header, the lower tracks go away.. maybe describe what we should see when using it, only because what I see is either a bug, or a nice feature for quickly collapsing the tracks to a better view..
Hey BluGenes,

what do you mean by "lower tracks go away"?
By default the controller tracks are hidden, but you can change this behavior.
I tested this with many tracks, and none of them disappeared.

Thanks,
Attila
yea, for some reason, it works now.. I have seen this before, meaning, I see a problem, then, it goes away never to be re-produced.. lol I think it is because I had to re-boot.. (not RC related re-boot)

If it happens again, I'll let you know.

lulukom wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:29 pm Hi, Attila. I can't experience the joy of updates because I still can't use plugins. Once again, I place a link to a short video about my problem when using the host program (Digital Performer).
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bpkq0qucw8les ... 4.mp4?dl=0
Hi lulukom,

I managed to add a workaround in the AU plug-in so that the window is displayed in DP11.
I think you use VST or VST3, unfortunately I was not able to fix them, only AU.

Thanks,
Attila

Unfortunately, the AU behaves in the same way, that is, as I demonstrated in the video. Then I just don't understand what's going on...

musicdevelopments wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 11:36 am
The background is useful especially for selections, as it changes to blue. You can change the color and transparency of the background in the color settings ("Phrase selection active").
Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately it seems that "Phrase selection active" has no effect here (Windows Standalone version).

IOW, I do not see any change in background for a selected phrase, regardless of how I set the parameters of that color.

Hi,

Q. Is there a way to invoke a set of all RC-wide default colors? (which would presumably demonstrate needed contrasts, even if not in the user's desired actual colors)

Q. Is there a way to invoke a single specific RC-provided default color for one item?

Q. Should the + and down-arrowhead items in this picture do something? (Here, they do not seem to do anything.)

RC - Phrase Colors 01.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I don't actually use them, but, maybe themes is the thing that would do the RC wide stuff..

If the item is in the settings for colors, then that should do it..

and your last question, if you change the "custom" then those plus buttons become obvious what they do..

BluGenes wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 1:28 pm I don't actually use them, but, maybe themes is the thing that would do the RC wide stuff..

and your last question, if you change the "custom" then those plus buttons become obvious what they do..
Thanks BluGenes. re: those items: :tu:

re: If the item is in the settings for colors, then that should do it.

I don't really follow. In light of themes, I would rephrase my question:

Q. Is there a way to return a single-item, once it's color has been changed, to the default color of the current theme (whatever that happens to be)?

after thorough review, lol, naw, I don't see a way, without re-setting the whole theme.. not sure I understand why you want to do this, but, hey..

Thanks for experimenting!

The idea was that if I experiment with a given item color and ultimately decide that all the experiments are failures then I would like to revert to "where it was in the first place".

sj1 wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 3:31 pm Q. Is there a way to return a single-item, once it's color has been changed, to the default color of the current theme (whatever that happens to be)?
No, this is not possible for a single color. You can save and load complete themes only, or reset it to a default one.

RapidComposer v4.8b5 is available!

Improvements:
  • Additional functions added to Phrase Editor (imported from MIDI Mutator): inversion, transposition, changing velocity and note lengths
  • 'Scale step' option added to the Transpose variation, which can be automated
  • Variation parameter envelopes fixes (Delay notes, Transpose, Rests...)
  • Fixed function generator for envelopes to use the right vertical range
  • Fixed a bug with pitch wheel messages in the VST3 plug-in

musicdevelopments wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:26 pm
sj1 wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 3:31 pm Q. Is there a way to return a single-item, once it's color has been changed, to the default color of the current theme (whatever that happens to be)?
No, this is not possible for a single color. You can save and load complete themes only, or reset it to a default one.
Thanks. That would be a nice-to-have maybe someday, certainly not critical.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”