Mapping DP Meter Pro's MidiCC Output to parameters in Ableton???

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am trying to map the RMS or Peak envelope of my vocal input (analysed by dp meter pro) to a volume fader in Ableton Live. I understand that DP Meter Pro can send out MIDI information, but I cannot for the life of me manage to get this MIDI information into Ableton... Please help if you have any idea of how I might get Ableton to recognise the MIDI data from DP meter pro! :)

Have you already checked our tutorial for DPMP with MIDI in Ableton Live? There are a few tricks to make sure that MIDI is properly carried between plug-ins in Ableton Live.

Has anyone managed this?
I looked at the tutorial, but I can't take an audio track in Ableton 11 with a MIDI track as input (like in the "2-Rhodes" tutorial). I've really tried out a lot and am also very experienced in MIDI and have been working with Ableton Live for a few years.
I'm using the demo version for testing. Maybe it doesn't have a MIDI output?

The demo should have a MIDI output too. I think now in Live you do not select the audio track anymore but directly the plug-in. By the way, which plug-in format are you using? I am not sure Live actually supports plug-in MIDI output for anything else than VST. It definitely does not support it for AU and I am not sure for VST3.

Thank you so much! :love:
With the VST2 version it works as described in the tutorial. :)
This is of course extremely embarrassing for Ableton, just like the problem with multi-MIDI channel outputs (but that's what patchwork is for...). :dog:

To be fair, it is also pretty embarrassing for Steinberg who wanted to completely remove MIDI support from VST3 and finally added what they call "Legacy MIDI output" to the specification many years later. That's why many hosts and plug-ins still do not support it, whereas it has been working with VST2 for ages.

Oh, thank you very much for the information, I wasn't aware of that.
I didn't expect something like that, somehow I have the feeling that VST3 has never really matured, even though it has been around for a long time.
I still remember that some developers had big problems programming well-functioning VST3 versions (e.g. U-HE).
But unfortunately VST2 support is becoming less and less. :cry:

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”