Any Tips on Building and Release my own Sample Library?

Official support for: tx16wx.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello there,

I'm a long time HALion user, but I've been considering using TX16Wx (since it's free for everyone) to build a sample library from scratch and to release it as an actual library or as single patches, not sure yet.

Does TX16Wx have a proprietary format to store patches that can be exported / loaded by anyone that use TX16Wx? I know that it can load Soundfonts or SFZ, but I'd like to use the in-built FX for my patches. I also wonder if the samples can be protected.

If I'm using features from the PRO version, will the final user that is using the FREE version be able to play the patch as it was designed?

Any idea is appreciated! :)
Last edited by theMidiTamer on Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
@theMidiTamer

Yes, the native format of TX16Wx is txmatrix, txprog, txperf and txbank. These are XML formats, and fully documented (schema installed with the manual). Note that this format is not monolithic, so for example sharing samples across several programs does not create redundancy. (Similar to SFZ).

Note that FX (except inserts) is stored at performance level (since it is an application of a sound patch in a setup).

And finally, yes. All features are loaded and even usable to a free user, though only a Pro user can edit them (i.e. TX free will actually play effects from a Pro performance, use key switching, whatever, but the user can't change the settings, types etc).
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

elcallio wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:53 pm ... All features are loaded and even usable to a free user, though only a Pro user can edit them (i.e. TX free will actually play effects from a Pro performance, use key switching, whatever, but the user can't change the settings, types etc).
If I understand this correctly, it means that theMidiTamer's library could not allow users to modify (for example) the keyswitch assignments, except by modifying the XML. But it could include pretty much everything else.

The free version of TX16Wx does not allow editing of features created by Pro, but will play them back.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

Thanks for the fast reply! Nice to know I can use insert effects for my patches and that PRO features are still there for FREE users. These sound like good reasons to use the native format vs SoundFont to me.

I wonder if in the future there will be a TX16Wx player, made just to load sample libraries with basic controls and maybe a customizable skin or set of colors. That would be nice for creators of libraries.

Thanks
@theMidiTamer

theMidiTamer wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:06 am I wonder if in the future there will be a TX16Wx player, made just to load sample libraries with basic controls and maybe a customizable skin or set of colors. That would be nice for creators of libraries.
Has there been any further discussion of this?

Return to “CWITEC”