NI have announced they will no longer activate discontinued products

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I would guess that the effort they need to put into supporting just questions why it doesn’t work and why they don’t want to deal with it anymore, outweighs the effort to simply remove any CP. And it would be the best move to get back their reputation… As they don’t want to sell it anymore there is no harm at all if also people who never bought it could use it now…
It would also protect their legit users to search on obscure virus flooded sites for cracks…

pandashake wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:28 am How can they be authorized, ED? They are showing up as Demo for me.
I have Spektral Delay and it too is showing up in NA but as Demo.
Tried entering the NI SPEKTRAL DELAY R2 Update serial in NA, doesn't change anything. :cry:

dune_rave wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:09 am When they will announce they discontinue Absynth, Fm8, Massive, that will be interesting!
When they do, there's a couple old thread accusing me of using behavior from ten years ago to justify my attitude towards their slash and burn policy as far as them deprecating old software I should pull up to scold people about! :smack:

Seriously it will be an absolute miracle if Absynth survives the M1 transition. It's depressing to think about, but NI are what NI are, and I just don't see it happening. They backed themselves yet again, into a corner. NI are one of those companies you enjoy the software for what it is at the time you're using it, then print it to audio and forget it ever existed in that form 5 years from now. No amount of promises from them and whinging from us as end users is going to change that.

machinesworking wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:46 pm
dune_rave wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:09 am When they will announce they discontinue Absynth, Fm8, Massive, that will be interesting!
When they do, there's a couple old thread accusing me of using behavior from ten years ago to justify my attitude towards their slash and burn policy as far as them deprecating old software I should pull up to scold people about! :smack:

Seriously it will be an absolute miracle if Absynth survives the M1 transition. It's depressing to think about, but NI are what NI are, and I just don't see it happening. They backed themselves yet again, into a corner. NI are one of those companies you enjoy the software for what it is at the time you're using it, then print it to audio and forget it ever existed in that form 5 years from now. No amount of promises from them and whinging from us as end users is going to change that.
the only way i can read that is "apple users have killed my baby"

you bastards!

machinesworking wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:46 pm

FWIW, over at their forum a mod has said they’re working on an update. No new features, but at least it should be M1 native eventually. I’ll believe it when I see it, I guess, but apparently they want to port all of their „current products“.

vurt wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:02 pm the only way i can read that is "apple users have killed my baby"

you bastards!
There are plenty of threads about Windows 11 killing old plug ins. we are not alone here. :P

machinesworking wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:46 pm No amount of promises from them and whinging from us as end users is going to change that.
But we can impact their sales and ultimately the fortunes of the company when we vote with our $$$...

If we don't like the direction,the new products and the policy changes,we can choose to walk away :tu:

"The Future of Sound"...

Oh how the mighty have fallen :wink:
Last edited by digitalboytn on Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
No auto tune...

nanostream wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:01 am FWIW, over at their forum a mod has said they’re working on an update. No new features, but at least it should be M1 native eventually. I’ll believe it when I see it, I guess, but apparently they want to port all of their „current products“.
Same, they also said they would not kill authorization of old software after saying they would, then let them die as planned. :borg:

IMO NI are too beholden to investors and too in the middle ground size wise where upkeep of software that isn't currently making them money is a low priority. There's a pattern here being a 15+ year Komplete owner that cannot be denied. I will love being proven wrong if it happens though. :)

digitalboytn wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:54 am If we don't like the direction,the new products and the ever changing policies,we can choose to walk away :tu:

"The Future of Sound"...

Oh how the mighty have fallen :wink:
Yeah for sure. I for one would have a hard time doing that, too many Kontakt sample libraries I love to leave behind. I don't think I'm buying Komplete Ultimate again though, too many rompler style libraries, of mediocre quality IMO.

Mostly I wish somebody with good intentions would buy them out. Get them on a Fabfilter U-He path instead of a Walmart super cheap up front but will break on you years later path.

machinesworking wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:00 am
digitalboytn wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:54 am If we don't like the direction, the new products and the ever changing policies,we can choose to walk away :tu:
Yeah for sure. I for one would have a hard time doing that, too many Kontakt sample libraries I love to leave behind. I don't think I'm buying Komplete Ultimate again though, too many rompler style libraries, of mediocre quality IMO.
Hmm, yes - that sounds bad. :(

But ... on the other hand: My commiseration is limited! :neutral:

Because it is up to the user to consider whether he is buying
proprietary software or not before buying a plugin or library.

Proprietary software - be it plugins, synthesizers or libraries -
is usually protected against copying, and one is always
dependent on the discretion and goodwill of the manufacturer.
Almost everything can change over the years: the management
and guidelines of the manufacturer, the copy protection and
even the entire business model. NI is a good example of this
right now.

If you fall for proprietary software, it's your own fault!

Because on the other hand there is a majority of
non-proprietary and free software - so plugins, synths and
great libraries that cover almost everything. It would make
more sense to support the developers of this software with
help and donations. With free, non-proprietary software,
you have much more certainty that it will still be usable
in 20 years.
:wink:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

digitalboytn wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:54 am "The Future of Sound"...
Not "The Future of Synths" by the way...

enroe wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:54 am
machinesworking wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:00 am
digitalboytn wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:54 am If we don't like the direction, the new products and the ever changing policies,we can choose to walk away :tu:
Hmm, yes - that sounds bad. :(

But ... on the other hand: My commiseration is limited! :neutral:

Because it is up to the user to consider whether he is buying
proprietary software or not before buying a plugin or library.

Proprietary software - be it plugins, synthesizers or libraries -
is usually protected against copying, and one is always
dependent on the discretion and goodwill of the manufacturer.
Almost everything can change over the years: the management
and guidelines of the manufacturer, the copy protection and
even the entire business model. NI is a good example of this
right now.

If you fall for proprietary software, it's your own fault!

Because on the other hand there is a majority of
non-proprietary and free software - so plugins, synths and
great libraries that cover almost everything. It would make
more sense to support the developers of this software with
help and donations. With free, non-proprietary software,
you have much more certainty that it will still be usable
in 20 years.
:wink:
Yeah, there's some great free stuff out there, that sounds every bit as realistic as an Emulator II.

You're blowing smoke up your own ass a bit here.
Let me know when you find orchestral libraries as good as Cinesamples, Sound Iron, EastWest, VSL, Spitfire etc. etc. etc. all using proprietary software because frankly the "free" stuff just doesn't cut it when it comes to scripting and keyswitching etc.

machinesworking wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:25 am Let me know when you find orchestral libraries as good as Cinesamples, Sound Iron, EastWest, VSL, Spitfire etc. etc. etc. all using proprietary software because frankly the "free" stuff just doesn't cut it when it comes to scripting and keyswitching etc.
With a little effort, searching and compiling your own libraries, you can
have great orchestra sounds. However, if you want the VSL possibilities,
e.g. definable legato speed in real time - then the VSL library is unique,
you're right.

Of course, it is always a question of weighing up the possibilities. :?
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

I knew that I had seen it somewhere (from my Komplete 6 Licence Agreement, April 2009):
Should Native Instruments for whatever reasons no longer be able to fulfill its obligations to deliver the activation key, it will provide the Licensee with a key which ensures the continued use of the software independent of changes of the computer.
I did not see an equivalent clause in the current EULA.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

machinesworking wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:50 am
vurt wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:02 pm the only way i can read that is "apple users have killed my baby"

you bastards!
There are plenty of threads about Windows 11 killing old plug ins. we are not alone here. :P
im on 10 and don't care about those plug Ins :P

:hihi:

Return to “Instruments”