The SR audio demo thread!

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ok...here's the latest...built around drums and guitar from RAW...

http://home.comcast.net/~beergeek/YouKnowIneedYou.mp3

Haven't put the vocals to it yet but please tell me what I'm doin' wrong ;-)

Thanks,
Rob
Play what you feel and feel what you play.

Where are the vocals? :wink:

-Kim.

Kim (esoundz) wrote:Where are the vocals? :wink:

-Kim.
Hmmm...I hope that means that the only thing you find wrong with it is that the vocals aren't there yet...I'd be surprised if that was the case but we all need a little ego boost now and again, don't we? :lol:

I haven't finished the lyrics yet, hence no vocals...

Just a little background for those that might be interested..stop reading if you aren't ;-)

The drums are 2 REX files from RAW REX and the acoustic guitars are 2 REX files from RAW REX as well.

I played various pieces of them with Kontakt 2 (I just got K2 really cheap on ebay and I love it!) Funny thing is, I'm a guitarist and I probably could have played this but I don't have a really good mic so this worked out great. Plus the 2 guitar loops were the basis for the whole song.

Anyway, I played them with K2 and then bounced them to audio files.

I played the bass live, mostly ;-) I played the main verse part live, comped it and then I brought it into K2 and played pieces of the samples for the chorus...I really do like K2 ;-)

I did all my editing/recording in PT LE7 which II have just recently come to like a lot. I picked up a book which kinda quickly filled in the gaps on a lot of the PT puzzle for me.

I used individual T-Racks inserts on everything (EQ and Compressor) and CSR both individually and on multiple tracks.

I used AT1 on the Bass (it was quick and I really like one of the presets.)

I think the funniest part though is that I bounced the whole thing to an audio file and ran that though Tracktion's Final Mix... :lol:

Anyway, not to bore you with the details but I think the point is that RAW has some great stuff for ideas and actual use...I did find I got better audio results playing chunks of the rex files in K2 (on the guitars) rather than just importing the rex files into PT.

Basically, I love all my IK/SR stuff...it truly is inspirational...

Pretty cool, man - it's got a nice beat to it.

Okay, so I didn't really compose this (link below). Go figure. :P I didn't even sequence it. I did mix it and master it, but the sequencing was done by someone else - I don't really know who - it was just a .MID file I found. The composition was done by Howard Shore. It's the ending theme from the first of the Lord of the Rings films (The Fellowship of the Ring), which I love the soundtracks to.

I made this by importing the .MID file into Reason 3.0 and just plugging in the corresponding instruments from Miroslav Refills. This MP3 utilizes various sounds from ALL six of the volumes of the Miroslav Refills. I was just playing around when I made this, but since some people were complaining that there weren't enough Miroslav demos, I thought I'd go ahead and post it. Of course, it would sound better if I had bothered to change the velocity of the notes for each instrument (the .MID file just had them all at the same velocity) and record some modulation. I did mix it, however (although I don't know how well), and I added some reverb (maybe a little too much). I spent a couple of hours trying to get the mix to sound decent - I'm still not very good at mixing. :roll: Anyway, I hope you enjoy it. Kudos to whoever sequenced this MIDI data originally, and of course to Howard Shore! :D

Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring -- The Road Goes Ever On, Part 2 -- Miroslav Refills Demo

Can't believe I'm the only one to write a song in over a year :lol: I can't believe I actually finished one in less than a year, truthfully :hihi:

Lili's Song

You can be honest, I won't believe you anyway :lol:

This was the song I started after I got SonikSynth. There's also some Amplitube2 in there.

edit: Can't believe I forgot CSR! I don't do anything without CSR ;-)

Nice tune! :D

I had forgotten this thread. Thanks for bringing it back.

Reverend Rhythm wrote:Nice tune! :D

I had forgotten this thread. Thanks for bringing it back.
Thanks Rev! Yeah, we forget about stuff when we get older don't we ;-)

Hey!!! :tantrum: Watch it there!!!!!

Oh okay, I resemble that remark. :D

beergeek wrote:Can't believe I'm the only one to write a song in over a year :lol: I can't believe I actually finished one in less than a year, truthfully :hihi:

Lili's Song

You can be honest, I won't believe you anyway :lol:

This was the song I started after I got SonikSynth. There's also some Amplitube2 in there.

edit: Can't believe I forgot CSR! I don't do anything without CSR ;-)
Hey...listen to it and comment, dammit! :lol:

I recently composed a score for a short student animation film. The score was written with Overture, using Miroslav Philharmonik for instrument, with CSR and T-RackS for additional processing.

http://www.mytoons.com/animation/play/15124
"In the rhythm of music a secret is hidden;
If I were to divulge it, it would overturn the world."
-- Jelaleddin Rumi

A new composition, which I wrote as a final project for an online course in Orchestration via Berklee College:

http://www.electricminstrel.com/mediafi ... OfFire.mp3

Done entirely with SampleTank and Philharmonik, using Overture for scoring & Reaper for mixing. Also using the hurdy-gurdy from Squids' Acoustic Rare Instruments library, CSR and T-RackS. :-)
-- Jelaleddin Rumi

Nice job there! The hurdy gurdy gave it a little bit of a braveheart sound in places... or maybe middle ages contrasted with a modern orchestra? Anyway you look at it, nice job!

An congratulations for having the determination to take an orchestration course!

Good work! Are you taking Berklee courses online or are you physically there? I went way back when (graduated HS in 89, went there right after). Sorry for the OT.

buscemi wrote:Good work! Are you taking Berklee courses online or are you physically there? I went way back when (graduated HS in 89, went there right after). Sorry for the OT.
Just online, Boston is too far away to commute :-)
-- Jelaleddin Rumi

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”