What guitar gear have you bought/are you buying/will you buy?

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Curious about Censtar Guitars, the models with P90s. $188

The bodies all seem to be unusual material (at least different, mahogany and elm) for the models they're emulating with the body shapes.

I think a may purchase a Guild Surfliner HH soon I have to sell something 1st though . I always like looks of the Fender mustang jazzmaster jazzstang type of guitars . Think DinosaurJR and Kurt Cobain type guitars .

Just ordered an early Xmas present:

https://www.thomann.de/intl/fender_sq_j ... r_2018.htm
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Now you need the J. Mascis Big Muff!

btw, I installed a SuperVee BladeRunner tremolo onto my #1. It’s a technical marvel.

Any experience with this Squire, Squire?
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Bombadil wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:12 pm Just ordered an early Xmas present:

Love the gold pickguard! How does the TOM bridge work with the tremolo? Is it still rocking on screws or do the strings have to slide over?

Not. A. Clue. My first Jazzmaster. And, just ordered it from Thomann. It will be a couple of days before it arrives.
-Martin Luther King Jr.

imrae wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:18 pm Love the gold pickguard! How does the TOM bridge work with the tremolo? Is it still rocking on screws or do the strings have to slide over?
Sustain and tone are improved, and buzzing is fixed, but it doesn’t rock on screws. I found it to be a worthwhile trade-off since the traditional rocking bridge doesn’t stay in tune well, either. Both ways work fine for gentle vibratos.

Bombadil wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:19 pm Not. A. Clue. My first Jazzmaster. And, just ordered it from Thomann. It will be a couple of days before it arrives.
as j mascis is one of my guitar heroes, i may join you in this purchase :wink:

If you guys are as allergic to noisy pickups as I am, you may want to check these out:

https://www.eyguitarmusic.com/Wide-Rang ... _2812.html

vurt wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:43 pm
Bombadil wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:19 pm Not. A. Clue. My first Jazzmaster. And, just ordered it from Thomann. It will be a couple of days before it arrives.
What do you have in mind? Taking turns with it on a monthly basis? :P
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Bombadil wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:12 pm Just ordered an early Xmas present:

It's a great guitar, or at least my 2012 model is. I don't know if build quality has changed since then but mine has an amazing neck. I did replace bridge with a Staytrem (special one for dropping in TOM holes). I love the guitar so much I even bought it a Fender Trem. Some Squiers are top drawer, this is one of them. I recently bought a Squier Contemporary Jaguar in LPB and thats amazingly good too.
'He craved immortality so much, he was prepared to die for it.'

Bombadil wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:15 am
vurt wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:43 pm
What do you have in mind? Taking turns with it on a monthly basis? :P
sounds good to me 8)

:lol:
might be easier to just buy my own though!

Do you have to pay import fees on things from the EU these days?

Got a message from Thomann. Supposed to come on Saturday.
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Return to “Guitars”