SynthMaster 2.9.9

Official support for: kv331audio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Appreciate all the improvements!

Currently keyboard MIDI control stops working as soon as I edit any patch parameters, and restored only by clicking on the DAW window. (Ableton, PC)

Thank you for everything, kv331! I only have problems with two Online presets: "The Obligatory Blade Runner Brass" and "ORG Flute". I get "Missing waveform" error messages for both. Where can I find them?
Organic Calfskin Kit - Free/Donationware Drum VST for Mac and Win

I appreciate the random function for the modulation. Finally, we have it too, even if limited. It is in the SEQ. You can use it by adding it to 1 or more steps or curves with various effects. Works quite ok. Thanks!

But, the RAND dial is visible only on sT skins, on old ones it is still called phase, but I believe works the same.

The stepped random is easy to implement with 1 or more steps, but a "curved random" (both are known from Synth1) is more difficult.
Just wanted to share, pls comment, how you use it.

Just so you know, I just went crazy for the last 40 minutes trying to locate the "shop". It had been moved to buttons in the other skins but the default green skin which is the one I always use there is literally no way to access it in this new update. Took me way too long of messing around before I eventually found it in the flat design skins. In the evil Silverado skin it showed up where the LFO button is in the default skin. I'm sure you guys don't want to lose out on sales from people that switched to the default skin right? It used to be in the browser if I remember right. Gone now.

btw how long do you think the winter upgrade to all expansions and get 3 when it comes out sale will be going on. I will probably do it eventually when I save up some $$. Any word on an estimate time frame for Synthmaster 3.

edit: I see what happened! you forgot to change the button text lol. It still says LFO, now umm how do you access the 4x lfo screen...

starfish music wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:06 am Just so you know, I just went crazy for the last 40 minutes trying to locate the "shop". It had been moved to buttons in the other skins but the default green skin which is the one I always use there is literally no way to access it in this new update.
Bulent says the default skins will no longer be supported or maintained. The satYatunes skins will be the official GUI going forward.

Something technical to do with Retina support or something...
Windows 10 and too many plugins

That's a shame! The default skins look way better and are easier to see at a glance because of the multicolor panels with the display screens in them. I can dig flat design but I just don't think these ones are easy on the eyes at all. The only ST skin I can even deal with is Tranquil Blue, but being completely monochromatic it's still slow to look at than the plain old default green which is easily the best looking one as well.

And they did away with the 4x lfo screen then?

Being a total noob to Synthmaster I downloaded Synthmaster One and Synthmaster today.
Unfortunately I ran into a major problem: the audio unit versions don't get recognised at all.
The Audio Units are not showing up neither in Ableton Live 9/10 nor in Logic Pro X 10.51
I’m on a Macbook Pro with MacOS Mojave.
I had run the setup installers “SynthMasterOneSetup" and “SynthMasterSetup”.
Registering and enabling the license with the serial number went just fine.
However the Audio units will not be scanned in Logic nor in Live 9/10 - although they are existing in the Audio/Plugins/Components folder in my Library.
They simply don’t show up as available plugins in the DAWs.
In Logic they even don't show up in the plugin manager, so a rescan is impossible.
I redownloaded the keyfiles to replace them with the original one and deleted the configuration files in the respective "Synthmaster" data folders - still no luck.

Please note that the VST plugins DO show up in Ableton.

Is this a known issue and is there a fix for this?
Thanks in advance for any help on this!

Probably the most direct way to get help with your issue: https://www.kv331audio.com/contactus.aspx

Please reboot
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

Thanks to everyone chiming in with helpful suggestions...In the meantime I resolved the problem myself: I simply was not aware that the Synthmaster instruments are listed under KV331Audio…working fine now!!!
Thanks again!

So i downloaded 2.9.9, If I choose a preset with and arp/seq on it, and set ARP to OFF, it actually is on record mode and overwrites the sequence. Really annoying since i don't want it overwritten. Anyone else noticed this bug or can confirm?

I installed version 2.9.9, but I did not like some points, I deleted and re-installed 2.9.8.
And now all my projects play the same preset "sweet dreams"!!!
Are you kidding the users? I can't work in my projects now, all the synth settings are lost...

Why wasn't there a warning during the update process?

Severin-mix wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:16 pm I installed version 2.9.9, but I did not like some points, I deleted and re-installed 2.9.8.
And now all my projects play the same preset "sweet dreams"!!!
Are you kidding the users? I can't work in my projects now, all the synth settings are lost...

Why wasn't there a warning during the update process?
What host DAW are your projects created with? In my experience, it's up to the DAW to save the plugin state with the project.

"Sweet Dreams" is the default preset when I insert a new instance of SynthMaster 2 in a project.

I went back and opened several old projects from 2-3 years ago that were created with SM 2.8 and the saved preset was still there in the project using SM 2.9.9 now.

Cubase 10.5 Win 7
That is, the version of synthmaster 2.9.8 will open the presets saved in 2.9.9?
It just happened so, I put an update, opened the projects, then closed and saved ones, that's all.
I didn't specifically save the presets not in the DAW not in the synthmaster, I never did that.

When I deleted the update and returned 2.9.8, sweet dreams was playing.... :(

Severin-mix wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:28 am Cubase 10.5 Win 7
That is, the version of synthmaster 2.9.8 will open the presets saved in 2.9.9?
Have no idea on backwards compatibility for presets. Never rolled SM back. My projects saved using 2.9.8 all open with presets intact in 2.9.9 now. You may want to open a problem report at KV331 Audio. https://www.kv331audio.com/contactus.aspx

I typically just save my DAW projects and that captures the active SynthMaster preset state. I would mainly save a user preset in SynthMaster if I plan to use it in again another project.

Don't use Cubase, although no issues like this here in Ableton Live 10 and Studio One 5 Pro.

Return to “KV331 Audio”