Amber 2 is next?

Archive support for: fxpansion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Should we expect a new version of Amber with MPE-capability and more features? Will it retain its identity as a string ensemble synthesizer?

From what I’ve been told, it’s not an easy task. It has to do with its synthesis architecture and how it could be utilized with Roli controllers. They were still looking at ways to incorporate it into the catalogue as of last year-ish. I’m keeping my fingers crossed. I love Amber.

That's right.

It is, in effect, impossible to build something that is both an 100% faithful string machine (phase-locked divide down oscillator, paraphonic voice architecture) and delivers 100% of the MPE experience (continuous per-note pitch bend, polyphonic expression).

Some very nice hybrids are possible though.. MPE control of polyphonic formant filters is particularly nice, for example; divide down oscillator with polyphonic control of tone filters, envelopes etc. is also very playable.

Watch this space..
This account is dormant, I am no longer employed by FXpansion / ROLI.

Find me on LinkedIn or elsewhere if you need to get in touch.

Angus_FX wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:52 pm Some very nice hybrids are possible though..

Watch this space..
That is encouraging!

Is there hope for Fusor2? I thought that was the most fun part of DCAM synth squad

I just dusted off Amber this afternoon. I’d forgotten how damn good that synth sounds. So interesting. Shame v2 never happened. It’s damn near perfect except for the tiny UI.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Return to “FXpansion”