DAW for Electronic music

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

puzzlevortex wrote:I've used pro tools for film scoring project a long time ago and it does have some video features.
Not sure if there is a DAW that is specifically better for video scoring though.
I forget, but I may have mentioned it near the start of the thread. I use Sonar for video scoring, and it works very well in that capacity. It is also my tool of choice for traditional linear composition.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

deastman wrote:
puzzlevortex wrote:I've used pro tools for film scoring project a long time ago and it does have some video features.
Not sure if there is a DAW that is specifically better for video scoring though.
I forget, but I may have mentioned it near the start of the thread. I use Sonar for video scoring, and it works very well in that capacity. It is also my tool of choice for traditional linear composition.
I'm looking forward to seeing what Cakewalk comes up with when they finally release the macOS version. I'm a big fan of Logic & Live, but Sonar is like the opposite of Reaper: there's more included Content, EFX, and VIs from third parties than you can shake a stick at. The platform appears to be good for Audio Editing, similar to Pro Tools, and it's known to be very good for Comping. I hope to hear about the Mac version soon.
* AKAI, KRK, UAD, Softube Vol 1, Soundtoys
* Live, Logic, Serum, Spire, Dune 2, Hive

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”