DAW for Electronic music

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys. I'm having a problem choosing a daw. I have Bitwig, reason 9, logic pro x and pro tools 12. I'm looking to produce electronic dance music, hip hop, etc. I'm also looking to possibly do some film scoring and music for tv and film. I've tried ableton and FL and i don't like either. Any suggestions guys? :)

Well, for all the tasks you mentioned, I would pick Cubase or Logic. :tu:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

What's wrong with the DAW's you already have?

Nothings wrong with them, i just can't choose lol.

Zexila wrote:Well, for all the tasks you mentioned, I would pick Cubase or Logic. :tu:
Why cubase if i may ask?

chk071 wrote:What's wrong with the DAW's you already have?
Nothings wrong i just can't choose lol

How about you just keep them all?

Logic Pro for film music composition.

Bitwig for electronic dance music & sound design.

Reason 9 for Hiphop production.

Protools for mixing and mastering stems from the above.

Honestly if i had to sell one from the list you have it would be Reason. I'd use the money from that to purchase a plugin to use in Bitwig, Logic etc.

If you're intimidated at how much you need to learn and want to keep it simple, then sell everything except Reason and learn that.
:borg:

V0RT3X wrote:How about you just keep them all?

Honestly if i had to sell one from the list you have it would be Reason. I'd use the money from that to purchase a plugin to use in Bitwig, Logic etc.

If you're intimidated at how much you need to learn and want to keep it simple, then sell everything except Reason and learn that.
If i only wanted to use one, what would you say?

Pacific Echo wrote:

I would say: "Make up your mind." :)

Pacific Echo wrote:

Logic... since you are including for film

Pacific Echo wrote:
Zexila wrote:Well, for all the tasks you mentioned, I would pick Cubase or Logic. :tu:
Why cubase if i may ask?
Great all rounder, as I recall it got the best MIDI solutions and it's great for audio tasks too, works stable with high track count projects and it's highly optimized, no wonder likes of Hans Zimmer and Junkie XL use it for their scoring.
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

I guess 2 of the 4 are out of the race now anyway: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 7#p6673617

Which makes me a bit sceptical about the legitimacy of this thread, and the sale. I mean... who buys 4 of the most expensive DAW's, and then can't decide which one to use the best for electronic music...

chk071 wrote:I guess 2 of the 4 are out of the race now anyway: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 7#p6673617

Which makes me a bit sceptical about the legitimacy of this thread, and the sale. I mean... who buys 4 of the most expensive DAW's, and then can't decide which one to use the best for electronic music...
I went to school for audio production and engineering and i needed to get them. That's why.

Pacific Echo wrote:
chk071 wrote:I guess 2 of the 4 are out of the race now anyway: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 7#p6673617

I went to school for audio production and engineering and i needed to get them. That's why.
So you expect people who are probably less competent than you to take this decision for you? Hmmm...

Well, i'd say, pick Bitwig then. But, what does that mean for you now?

chk071 wrote:
Pacific Echo wrote:

So you expect people who are probably less competent than you to take this decision for you? Hmmm...

Well, i'd say, pick Bitwig then. But, what does that mean for you now?
He is just asking a question... why be so aggressive and attacking?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”