The promise I will buy more gear-thread

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

thecontrolcentre wrote:I've sold enough stuff I don't need anymore to finance a new purchase. Repro-1 is looking good to me ;)
... and bought :)

Numanoid wrote:I want a new plug - one that won't make me skint
One that won't make me crash my DAW
whose GUI is way too small
I want a new plug... one that won't alias
One that won't make my eyes too dry
or make my bankroll fall

One that won't make a furnace
Out of my CPU
One that makes me sound like I know just what to do

Dammit now that song is stuck in my head. f**king Huey Lewis and the f**king News so f**king catchy DAMMIT NOW I HAVE TO GO LISTEN TO IT
Last edited by Aleatoriac on Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Codestation wrote:
Numanoid wrote:I want a new plug - one that won't make me skint
One that won't make me crash my DAW
Dammit now that song is stuck in my head. f**king Huey Lewis and the f**king News so f**king catchy DAMMIT NOW I HAVE TO GO LISTEN TO IT
Alternatively to ease the pressure you can listen Ray Parker "Ghostbusters" :hihi:

DAMMIT STOP! I am away from any music right now! DAMMIT DAMMIT
Wait I can still get soundcloud :lol:

Soundcloud is going out of business, allegedly .....

I bought brand new PC this year!

CPU: Ryzen 1700
Water cooling: LC-Power LC-CC-120-LiCo
GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1050 2G OC 2GB
MOBO: Asus Prime B350M-A, B350
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4, 2x8GB, 3200MHz, CL15
SSD: Plextor S2G 512GB M.2
RAID 10: 1TB 3,5" SATAIII, 7200RPM, 64MB cache
Dampened case: Zalman Z1 (GECK-264)
PSU: FSP/Fortron FSP600-50ARN (85+)
Windows 10 Home
DVD Drive

...because I don't need any more music gear, I just need it to run faster and more convenient.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

This month besides the Synchrodyne, I've added Ornament & Crime, 3x MIA and Disting mk4 to my rack. And I just bought a Harvestman Kermit which is shipping.

I did *not* buy the Hyve Touch when it became available, because the price was jacked up more than 3x from the workshop prices. I also didn't buy the Folktek Mescaline. So there's that.

I'm cancelling my preorder for a Lifeforms Mod Tools, but buying an EMW Arcade Noise instead. Beyond that I don't have any actual plans for my first rack, but with 28HP of free space I'm sure something will call my name. Nature abhors a vacuum and all.

I did start making plans for a second rack though. :hihi: I don't intend on officially setting it up until the end of the year though a couple of modules might sneak in to the first rack temporarily (that Kermit for instance is probably going to live in the second rack).

incubus wrote:Soundcloud is going out of business, allegedly .....
Probably not today tho ... ;)

thecontrolcentre wrote:
incubus wrote:Soundcloud is going out of business, allegedly .....
Probably not today tho ... ;)
So how is RePro-1 after the buying thereof? Any buyer's remorse? (I've never had that with a synth)
I am still tempted by it. I can't decide between RePro-1 and Bazille (Can't cover both).

No regrets whatsoever. I've been using the demo and every time I open it I get inspired to write something. I'm still exploring the excellent (imho) presets. I had a Pro One in my studio in the 90s, and this thing has got it pretty much nailed as far as I can tell. With Repro1 and LuSH-01 I'm sorted for virtual monosynths now. I have Cyclop too (for the sheer fun of it). :)

Have you checked out Beatzille, or the CM version. Great synths for freebies. I am tempted by Bazille, but out of funds for the time being.

Im going to demo some hardware this month. Havent tried much for 6 months or so. Hopefully it will all be crap :hihi:

I've changed my gear plan again.

I have a Sputnik Quad VCF/VCA, an EMW Arcade Noise, and just for the hell of it a Crank Sturgeon Perpetual Spring Device on the way. And some blank panels, because I'm starting an almost 6 month hardware buying freeze. I haven't gone that long buying no gear since October 2015 and I'm not sure how I'm going to handle it :help:

(I'm not stopping myself from buying software during that period but there's not a lot I want.)

The end of that freeze is Knobcon. If I don't buy anything there (and I honestly don't know if places sell gear at shows or not; it'll be my first) I'll add another row to my modular rack. The plan is Maths (I won't be that non-Maths hipster anymore), Hertz Donut mk2, Piston Honda mk2, Wogglebug and Sport Modulator. I'll still have 26hp of space in my rack for other goodies but am leaving that open. Beyond that any further modular will require a new case so I might just use that as my stopping point for a while.

However, I promise to buy new PC, new high-res monitor and audio monitors this year. Also, this fancy desk
The most expensive part - PC and monitor - are done. 8) The other two will have to wait for a new place.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

foosnark wrote:I've changed my gear plan again.

I have a Sputnik Quad VCF/VCA, an EMW Arcade Noise, and just for the hell of it a Crank Sturgeon Perpetual Spring Device on the way. And some blank panels, because I'm starting an almost 6 month hardware buying freeze. I haven't gone that long buying no gear since October 2015 and I'm not sure how I'm going to handle it :help:

(I'm not stopping myself from buying software during that period but there's not a lot I want.)

The end of that freeze is Knobcon. If I don't buy anything there (and I honestly don't know if places sell gear at shows or not; it'll be my first) I'll add another row to my modular rack. The plan is Maths (I won't be that non-Maths hipster anymore), Hertz Donut mk2, Piston Honda mk2, Wogglebug and Sport Modulator. I'll still have 26hp of space in my rack for other goodies but am leaving that open. Beyond that any further modular will require a new case so I might just use that as my stopping point for a while.
Here is your last 26HP :-) https://www.modulargrid.net/e/synthesis ... y-e350-mk2
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

foosnark wrote:The plan is Maths (I won't be that non-Maths hipster anymore)
Noooooo.....!!

I have a RYO Paths kit showing up today. Can't wait to try out the new soldering station I bought from the Radio Shack going out of business down the street. :hihi:

Oh, and I snagged an HHB Radius 3 Fatman tube compressor for practically free on eBay. Already tried it on my drum machine and a couple synths. That thing adds sooo much sweetness!!

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”