Producers, are you faithful to your DAW?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

rollasoc wrote:Been with Cubase since 2000.

Tried Pro Tools in the early noughties, really didn't like it. Tried it again earlier this year. Still don't like it.

Tried Abelton earlier in the year on my laptop. Spent ages trying to get it to make a sound. Finally got there. Will play some more with it at some point.

Tried Reaper. Didn't like it initially, probably need to spend more time with it (spent about 2 hours using it).
Try Studio One. :P

rollasoc wrote:Been with Cubase since 2000.

Tried Pro Tools in the early noughties, really didn't like it. Tried it again earlier this year. Still don't like it.

Tried Abelton earlier in the year on my laptop. Spent ages trying to get it to make a sound. Finally got there. Will play some more with it at some point.

Tried Reaper. Didn't like it initially, probably need to spend more time with it (spent about 2 hours using it).

I can't address Pro Tools at all, never used it. I regularly use Cubase, Ableton, and Reaper. So talk a bit about what you're doing and maybe we can help you find the right path.

Been using the same host for 16 years. Know it inside out. It does everything i need it to, so im happy with it.

Ive tried others, mainly in the early days. They weren't for me.

I'm too lazy to switch from 32 bit to 64, yet alone to install completely new DAW.

Also, there is a plenty of Ableton packs that are nice and I actually use. They wouldn't work in any other DAW I guess. Not to mention a number of trusted effect racks I use on return tracks over and over.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

I'm a DAWhore - keep changing them.

Once they reach about 20 I usually dump them for Something younger.

VariKusBrainZ wrote:Wait, is it immoral to own more than one Daw :o
Polyamoria? ;)

Acid Mitch wrote:Once they reach about 20 I usually dump them for Something younger.
and sexier, amiright?

No, not at all. :lol:
I have to be somewhat familiar with most DAWs. I'm very experienced with a few. But I mainly work with Bitwig, Numerology and Pro Tools.

I'm just not very promiscuous, it appears.

I guess I am. First DAW I got was Sonar, which was like 11 years ago and I only updated it once, recently when moving to W7-64. I just don't see a reason to spend time learning new DAW, when I can do what I need, with what I already know pretty well.

To a point. I'm a Cakewalk/Sonar user. Have been for a long time. My faithfulness is not unconditional. I almost left Cakewalk during the X2 debacle but I gave them one more chance with X3 and they won me back. It's been getting better and better with them so I'm hopeful.

Not particularly... I would tend to gravitate to the best tool for me. I've recently made the transition back to Logic X from Studio 1. I have no brand loyalty whatsoever to Apple, but I'm glad I'm back with Logic.

It's hard to remain loyal to a DAW, that doesn't work. In my case Studio 1.

I'd be more loyal to 'certain' software instrument and FX developers.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Been with Logic since 4.5 on Windows ('99 I think). Serial port dongle that I sent in for an Emagic XS key for version 5. I miss those days.

The real question is, is your DAW loyal to you?

I started on Logic on Windows - look what happened to that

Moved to Tracktion - that got dumped by Mackie

Moved to Project 5 and it got abandoned by Cakewalk

Tried various other hosts - eventually moved to Mac and back to Logic but now Tracktion is back too (although not always reliable)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”