Favorite UI - most pleasing to the eyes...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Personally I think the dark face is too dark against the black knobs, it needs to be lightened, but otherwise a great looking GUI.

Ableton Live still have the best design for me, simple, clear and on point. VSTwise I choose NI Massive, it's a longtime fav and have not too many pages, Absynth is the bad guy in this case but sounds great. My fav fun design is Ohmboyz, still the best dubdelay to me.

Arturia plugins (i own the V4 suite), i really love the sound and the GUI is good looking but lacks the ease of use all the way, Moog Modular is the worst.

As a betatester i always try to communicate 2 simple points, make the UI easy to use and the CPU usage as low as possible.

Some things are really important, scalable design w/o any struggle with too low or too high resolution settings, this is homework at programming GUI stuff and no feature. A really good GUI should be easy on eyes and lead the user through the options he want to change w/o searching too long or reading complex manuals. I'm sure a lot of programmers are no designers and this will affect the final product, often in a bad way. Often the most colorful or fancy looking tools are the ones who are less usable or the devs just try to recycle a EQ / COMP algo and put it on the market. Comparable with bad advertisement on TV. I think that's the biggest strategic point in the market today, how to trigger the customer to buy a product.

All the users have to think about that, don't lose your money on fancy colorful 3d vintage retro design shit. It's more easy to build a nice GUI instead of inventing new DSP.

Now I will look forward to the KVR DC 2016 contributions.
Last edited by wehkah on Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dasheesh wrote:Personally I think the dark face is too dark against the black knobs, it needs to be lightened, but otherwise a great looking GUI.

I like way more V2's look.

Dasheesh wrote:Personally I think the dark face is too dark against the black knobs, it needs to be lightened, but otherwise a great looking GUI.
I'm definitely not a big fan of knobfests, given 2 knobs can be replaced by a dot on a plot, and a series of knob pairs can often be replaced by a single graph (like in a graphical equalizer).

I loved the design on alchemy. It looked great and was extremely easy to use especially for such a complex synth/ sampler. V2 looks great, but I'll never be using logic again so nuts to me. I know I'm alone here but I also think Kontakt has a great GUI. It allows for the most powerful sample playback engine around to be manipulated extremely easily and then allows for a custom GUI beyond that for people who don't wanna put their hands in the guts of the thing.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

FabFilter
Output Exhale
Apple Logic Pro
Spitfire Albion One
Zynaptiq Adaptiverb
Embertone Intimate Strings
ImpactSoundworks Pearl Grand

I don't find the UVI Falcon UI particularly beautiful, but it's really ELEGANT. A lot of other synths choose to use real world metaphors and conventions and apply it to the software, UVI choose to use a common computer metaphor (folders with sub-folders) to allow a (semi?)modular synth with a real good UI. Not that appealing to the eyes, but really good.

Return to “Instruments”