1968 - East meets West! (Now on YouTube!)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

fastlanephil wrote:That was a fun listen. Maybe a little over the top but that was probably the idea. It would be interesting to see this performed live if possible. It would look like a psychedelic circus. The jazzy brass vibrato at 3:00 was pretty crazy! I was thinking some choppy R&B brass would be cool also.

Great job tying this all together.
Many thanks! Yes, 1968 was an over-the-top kind of year - flower power leftovers from '67, then student riots in Europe, and election/race riots in the US. Yikes! :dog: But musically, one of my favourites. :tu:

Allomerus wrote:Great music - I didn't need to smoke anything to be taken away - somewhere...
Beautiful trip! Great build to the 3:00 minute mark and the brass is very cool!
Excellent finish...
Well done.
:)
Thank you! (I'm beginning to choke up... :hihi:)

davidstiles wrote:Yeah! Nice groove, and great work with the sitar. I love what happens at about the 3:00 mark with what sounds like trumpets. And then the full epic otherworldly explosion around 5:30 really hit the spot. Glad you went for the pretty lady. Thanks for sharing!
Thanking you also too. :tu:

The trumpets are from EastWest Brass 25th Anniversary - "run up, trill, run down" preset. :party:

donkey tugger wrote:Excellent. Nice work!
Thank you! :party: :hyper: :tu:

In fact, thank all you guys for all for your positive vibes! Far out!! :party:

Loved it!

thenumber23 wrote:Loved it!
You're welcome! 8)

:phones: :tu: :love: a musical wonderland. beautiful stuff!
"It dreamed itself along"

holy shit i am in love with this :D

mellotronaut wrote::phones: :tu: :love: a musical wonderland. beautiful stuff!
Jesse Gorter wrote:holy shit i am in love with this :D
Thank you! The 60s as we would like them to have been! :tu:

(Didn't notice these nice comments - I thought this track has run it's course!)

Uploaded a cheap video to utube - just some pix panned and zoomed, some of them authentic(!). If you are old enough it may bring back some memories, if not, you'll have a clue as to what it's all about.
1968 YouTube video
:tu:

Some lovely sounds in here.. really captures that 60's vibe. A very enjoyable listen indeed!

sazb30 wrote:Some lovely sounds in here.. really captures that 60's vibe. A very enjoyable listen indeed!
Thank you!
Unfortunately, I'm stuck in a '60s timewarp/wormhole thing. Everything I'm doing at the moment is looking back to my teens. :roll: :dog: Hey ho! But anyways, I'm having fun, so, what the 'eck!
:D :tu:

Just worked my way backwards through your 1968 tracks (this wormhole thing is catching).
I like this one a lot, and I'll swear I could hear Daevid reciting 'have a cup of tea' in the middle section.
Maybe he was talking to the nice ladies with the cake.
Hope there are more 1968 tracks to come! :love:

All Ears wrote:Just worked my way backwards through your 1968 tracks (this wormhole thing is catching).
I like this one a lot, and I'll swear I could hear Daevid reciting 'have a cup of tea' in the middle section.
Maybe he was talking to the nice ladies with the cake.
Hope there are more 1968 tracks to come! :love:
Thanks for listening and commenting!
Part 4 - I'm hoping to post it on Monday. A more butch, rocking track, and without the Sitars.
Already started Part 5 - a "transcendental meditation" piece. :tu:

Return to “Music Cafe”