(Downtempo) Alterkraft - ST 6 (demo)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hai,

I've been producing music for a couple of years now and most recently ditched every softsynth I owned and replaced them with a couple of hardware synths I've had now for quite a while. The reason for this is to limit the endless source of sounds you get and therefore forcing myself to synthesise my own sound.

Anyway, this is the result of 3-4 days of working on this, it is still work in progress.

https://soundcloud.com/zpazt/st-6

Thanks for listening and feedback is greatly appreciated.

-Tom

heylentom94 wrote:The reason for this is to limit the endless source of sounds you get and therefore forcing myself to synthesise my own sound.
That's a commendable attitude. You can get shot down on KVR if you suggest that limiting your options will aid in the process of creativity. There are people here who do not understand how this actually can help and are ready to burn you at the stake for saying that.

Your track is superb. Whether this is the outcome of limiting your options, or your talent, I don't know, but it's a great listen nonetheless. It has a strange mix of old school and contemporary, but don't ask me which parts. That pitch-slide at the end took me by surprise and I thought "what is he doing" but it quickly resolved and it made perfect sense. Well done for introducing the unexpected.
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

himalaya wrote:
heylentom94 wrote:The reason for this is to limit the endless source of sounds you get and therefore forcing myself to synthesise my own sound.
That's a commendable attitude. You can get shot down on KVR if you suggest that limiting your options will aid in the process of creativity. There are people here who do not understand how this actually can help and are ready to burn you at the stake for saying that.

Your track is superb. Whether this is the outcome of limiting your options, or your talent, I don't know, but it's a great listen nonetheless. It has a strange mix of old school and contemporary, but don't ask me which parts. That pitch-slide at the end took me by surprise and I thought "what is he doing" but it quickly resolved and it made perfect sense. Well done for introducing the unexpected.
Oh, thanks for the kind words there :D Well, I guess it's different for anybody, for me at least it's more satisfying and motivating knowing you made the sound. It also does not hurt exploring the possibilities which are possible for example with a simple analogue like the Microbrute.

On the pitch-slide part, it did sound wrong for me when I did it. But the whole idea was building up to the break and then anti-climaxing that part. It's hard to get it back to base again when your track opens up.

Minimal with some original touches. Quite an enjoyable listen. :tu:

The mix is a bit dull sounding as if the high frequencies were rolled off.

Frantz wrote:Minimal with some original touches. Quite an enjoyable listen. :tu:

The mix is a bit dull sounding as if the high frequencies were rolled off.
You're right, I just noticed I cut a bit too much on my master bus.

https://soundcloud.com/zpazt/st-9

Should be fixed. Thanks for the reply btw, appreciate it.

Nice track, again my love of the Tron soundtrack. Nice arp and pads. Drums are tight too. I feel it could have a second half after the pitchbend, like the mainframe being shutdown and a new vision created : )) Hope you know what I mean.

Return to “Music Cafe”