RAPID Synthesizer | Rapid 1.8.0 released | Free "SP - Granular Elements"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

chk071 wrote:Rapid has more fizz somehow. :P
Yes, Rapid has a specific fizz. That is the treble wheel in the filter section (only the basics filters have this wheel). This frequency range makes the sound soft in the highs but without awkward effects. that is very nice for pads, leads, soft basses,.... the default value is 50% and you can turn it down to reduce the fizz. but if you really wnat to have the correct sound, to compare it, you have to turn completly the filter modul of.

And here i onefinger-preset made with one instance of RAPID. The sequencers helped me to make all the little breaks and automations.
At the end, the outfade at the end is not made with rapid, because this presets runs endless and starts regulary again at the end, where the track runs out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prUNu-mKUVE

What special discount?

Astralv wrote:What special discount?
A few people were given discounts. There is no intro price.

I tried the demo in Studio One 3 and had an issue where the audio stutters when playing patches. Xfer's Serum will also stutter if active in the same project. NI Massive isn't affected. This is weird. I tested in Bitwig and Cubase and had no issues. Is there a known compatibility issue with Studio One 3?

emzy21 wrote:I tried the demo in Studio One 3 and had an issue where the audio stutters when playing patches. Xfer's Serum will also stutter if active in the same project. NI Massive isn't affected. This is weird. I tested in Bitwig and Cubase and had no issues. Is there a known compatibility issue with Studio One 3?

I have used it in Studio One 3 and no problems.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

So you tasted it :hihi:

Mirko R. wrote:
Yes, Rapid has a specific fizz. That is the treble wheel in the filter section (only the basics filters have this wheel). This frequency range makes the sound soft in the highs but without awkward effects. that is very nice for pads, leads, soft basses,.... the default value is 50% and you can turn it down to reduce the fizz. but if you really wnat to have the correct sound, to compare it, you have to turn completly the filter modul of.
Similar to adding noise? Some synths offer different types of noise. I have made a few pads in Hybrid 3, which have a layer of blue noise, which also seems to make sounds softer and fluffier, an audio fabric softener :hihi:

Just a casual question. How many, other than the anointed few, have bought this?

This treble thing in the filter seems to be an exciter of some sort. At least like some other exciters it adds some clarity and "wow" but the sound may quickly become tiresome. So use with care ;)

Great demo, Mirko :tu: (but please don't call this goa, or the Filteria fans will come for you ;) )
Last edited by recursive one on Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

jacqueslacouth wrote:Just a casual question. How many, other than the anointed few, have bought this?
At the very least, none of the impulse buys showed up on the Sell & Buy forum yet. Could of course also mean that everyone is well satisifed with the synth. :ud:

[REMOVED]
Last edited by wagtunes on Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I assume for some people the size of the download is more of a problem than than those $35. Downloading several GB on a mobile or slow wire connection can be a problem, not only for those with limited monthly traffic. Maybe it would make sense to offer the sound content on a DVD, for an additional fee. That content will likely remain the same even if they update their application.

Well, I love this synth, but worst sequencer implementation I've ever seen as far as repeated notes goes. And this isn't the only synth to do this.

Take a simple 16 note sequence

C3-C3-C3-C3-F3-F3-F3-F3-C4-C4-C4-C4-G3-G3-G3-G3

Each repeated note is chained to the note before it. In other words, the 4 C3 notes are played as one long note instead of 4 triggers. I've tried changing the sequencer shapes from whole notes to half notes but doing that produces a dip in the pitch. I tried taking off the sustain in the envelope but each trigger of the sequence doesn't retrigger the envelope, so it dies after the first beat.

In short, I have tried everything I know how to do in order to make this work the way I want it to but nothing is giving me the results that I want. Something that should be a basic sequencer function and not something that I should have to jump through a dozen hoops to make work IF it's at all even possible.

Please fix this retrigger problem in a future release. Right now, any repeated notes in a sequence are not retriggered.

** EDIT ** Okay, figured it out through brute force. There is a button that will sync the sequencer to the ARP. After that, you have to play around with the two speeds (seq and arp) to get things just the way you want. Very flexible, but not very intuitive and without a manual, purely guess work.

wagtunes wrote:Well, I love this synth, but worst sequencer implementation I've ever seen as far as repeated notes goes. And this isn't the only synth to do this.

Take a simple 16 note sequence

C3-C3-C3-C3-F3-F3-F3-F3-C4-C4-C4-C4-G3-G3-G3-G3

Each repeated note is chained to the note before it. In other words, the 4 C3 notes are played as one long note instead of 4 triggers. I've tried changing the sequencer shapes from whole notes to half notes but doing that produces a dip in the pitch. I tried taking off the sustain in the envelope but each trigger of the sequence doesn't retrigger the envelope, so it dies after the first beat.

In short, I have tried everything I know how to do in order to make this work the way I want it to but nothing is giving me the results that I want. Something that should be a basic sequencer function and not something that I should have to jump through a dozen hoops to make work IF it's at all even possible.

Please fix this retrigger problem in a future release. Right now, any repeated notes in a sequence are not retriggered.

** EDIT ** Okay, figured it out through brute force. There is a button that will sync the sequencer to the ARP. After that, you have to play around with the two speeds (seq and arp) to get things just the way you want. Very flexible, but not very intuitive and without a manual, purely guess work.
The Sequenzer doesn't play notes again. For this case you have to take the arp. If you need the sequencer as well, you can activate the mono/arp LED in the sequencer to make it sync.

Return to “Instruments”