One Synth Challenge #92: Digits 2 by Extent of the Jam (z.prime wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Digits

wow, many thx for the listens and the votes! Congrats to all. There were a slew of amazing tracks this time around, I was pretty blown away by it. hopefully i'll see you guys in OBXD, if i can get over my writer's block...

prize: me thinks i'll have a go with 'Diversion'

Guenon wrote:and incidentally also two points for my goofy SID emulation / kraut mashup :D. The voter had evaluated all tracks based on his taste in music, and hah, that's that.
That was my favorite track of the Helm contest!

I'll pass on the prizes. I've got everything I need and will leave options for others.

Loved the recreated voice sounds in Neurological Conditions of the Horse. seems synths with bitcrushers are good for that, wonder how long before someone submits a song with discernible lyrics.

pilotredsun wrote:Loved the recreated voice sounds in Neurological Conditions of the Horse. seems synths with bitcrushers are good for that, wonder how long before someone submits a song with discernible lyrics.
Thanks! Yeah, that sort of thing did cross my mind, Digits was a good candidate for doing a more versatile robo-vocal set with. After the opening, I decided to go for non-word shouts and gibberish for the rest of the tune though :D, with more freedom for the tone instead of intelligibility, and then I spent my time on the tune with other elements instead.

Ah, my turn to choose a prize. On the software side I'm absolutely overstocked already, so I think I'll choose some inspiring soundbanks!

The Unfinished : Any two soundsets of Choice:

Zebra Quasar Dark Edition and
Zebra Borealis Dark Edition

Also, activating this bonus:
bjporter wrote:Ridan: Any one soundset as a secondary prize, on top of the regular prize.
:)

I'll choose his FM8 Niteshade bank.

Thank you!

jasinski wrote:That was my favorite track of the Helm contest!
:D yeah, thanks; I recently listened to it again myself, and hah, at least I sure did go super lo-fi on that one!
mmGhost wrote:prize: me thinks i'll have a go with 'Diversion'
:tu: listening to more of your stuff on SC after hearing your impressive dnb OSC entries, and I'm guessing you'll love that synth!

Guenon wrote::tu: listening to more of your stuff on SC after hearing your impressive dnb OSC entries, and I'm guessing you'll love that synth!
ha, thx greatly appreciate the kind words. awesome to hear that! In the demos it seems to have some impressive capabilities.

Re Ridan Soundbanks: Wanted to pick something out but the link appears dead and did not know what the options are. When I click the link I get a website that says "Sounds for Synths has closed". Any thoughts...?

mmGhost wrote:Re Ridan Soundbanks: Wanted to pick something out but the link appears dead and did not know what the options are. When I click the link I get a website that says "Sounds for Synths has closed". Any thoughts...?
Oh, that's weird :? ... Hmm, I checked them out over here: https://synthmob.com/users/brandon-clark (also, the FM8 one which was linked as a forum thread in the OP happened to be the one I wanted out of those :) )

Wow, 1st was close to 2nd (which is my fav, nice drum&bass).

Congrats to all. :tu:

Guenon wrote:Oh, that's weird :? ... Hmm, I checked them out over here: https://synthmob.com/users/brandon-clark (also, the FM8 one which was linked as a forum thread in the OP happened to be the one I wanted out of those :) )
right on, right on. thx. okay don't own any of those beauties, unfortunately! (Have been seriously debating about picking up Serum or Zerbra 2...)

Chris-S wrote:Wow, 1st was close to 2nd (which is my fav, nice drum&bass).

Congrats to all. :tu:
glad to hear there are some more dnb junkies around :tu:

Where is the folder location for the presets? I tried to import a users sounds in reaper but it will only import fxb (not fxp)

Return to “Instruments”