New Slate fx !!!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FG-Stress Compressor Repeater Repeater (Slate Digital Edition) Verbsuite Classics

jens wrote:It looks as if Repeater will be able to do everything Sigmund can't, while Sigmund can do everything Repeater can't.
And neither of them seem to do what Echoboy does :shrug:

Well, just like the new Sknote delay Repeater seems to cover a lot of the same ground as Echoboy... Sigmund on the other hand is a completely different beast of course - apples and oranges really...

what's your point by the way?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

I personally think that SoundToys products are overpriced and I believe I'm not the only one. In any case,
heavy pricing + iLok = thanks but no thanks :scared: , even discounted.

Well, this is of course totally off topic here in this thread, but Soundtoys often offer heavy discounts and they run - contrary to Slate products, which require a physical dongle - on Ilok soft too, so that's not a big deal imo...

For me Soundtoys offer great value for money, even if not at their standard prices, which I indeed find overpriced too.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

lolilol1975 wrote:I personally think that SoundToys products are overpriced and I believe I'm not the only one. In any case,
heavy pricing + iLok = thanks but no thanks :scared: , even discounted.

I got the Soundtoys 4 bundle in the second hand market couple of years ago. Upgraded to Soundtoys 5 when that came out. In total it cost me just a little over $300,-

That's about $16,- per Soundtoys plugin :tu:

I paid a lot less than that for the bundle (without purchasing second hand)

jens wrote:I paid a lot less than that for the bundle (without purchasing second hand)
Yeah, I think I got the bundle new for around $180 if I remember correctly. Just have to be patient and wait for the sales...

What I was trying to point out is that the statement "Soundtoys 5 is way too overprices" is a bit of an overstatement if you calculate it down to what it amounts to in price per plugin (when talking about the bundle).

Even at 400 for the full bundle Soundtoys is not overpriced at all. And IMHo those are more interesting plugs than slate ones.

I don't count them as overpriced but the Fabfilter bundle is more expensive, the plug ins are more complex but they are less.
dedication to flying

Okay... I contacted Slate Digital with the most asked questions in here. Got some quick answers, and I guess it's okay to forward them. They're still in the AES aftermath madness after all...

Q: Is Repeater a D16 release or Slate release?
A: It’s a collaboration product, we’ll be able to sell it and so will D16

Q: Copy protection being Serial (D16) or iLok2 (Slate Digital)?
A: It’s ilok2

Q: why was RELAB LX480 and FG-X dropped in new subscription bundles (and on the page), while old users/renewals still get them?
A: FG-X still in there (it was corrected on webpage). Relax LX480 question answered here in pinned post: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1566611190249801/ (INFO: those that don't have Facebook, need a login)

Q: why are the purchase links so hidden on the page?
A: New webshop link coming, we are updating the site daily (INFO: bottom of each plugin page!)

Q: VMS is not listed on your page anymore? Neither on Slate Pro Audio...
A: VMS page coming

For those already asking, how VerbSuite will be treated... as far as I understood it from the mail conversation, it will be similar to the D16 collaboration. Both companies will release it, but it will be iLok2. But then again, we will know for sure once it'll actually be released.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

That makes it look as if Repeater requires an Ilok dongle even if purchased from D16 - that would be really bad. I hope I am misreading it.

No, this is the answer I got.

If you want double proof, contact D16 Group. I'm aware of their viewpoint on CP schemes. But if they will sell it as well, and they say "it'll be iLok2 - since it's a collaboration with Slate Digital" - then so be it.

In fact, Liquid Sonics (the developer of the great "Reverberate IR" plugin!) uses a keyfile as well. Will people also go bat guano if the announcement is "hey, iLok2!"? (warning: rhetoric!)
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote: Q: why was RELAB LX480 and FG-X dropped in new subscription bundles (and on the page), while old users/renewals still get them?
A: FG-X still in there (it was corrected on webpage). Relax LX480 question answered here in pinned post: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1566611190249801/ (INFO: those that don't have Facebook, need a login)
So why then?

For Repeater they should offer both keyfile and iLok options.

Also curious about the price: still in line with D16's Silverline range or up to Slate's? But since it's black I expect the worse...

lolilol1975 wrote:
Richard deHove wrote:Subscription only? What a relief. Usually I'm tempted to buy every new delay, but with subscription pricing I can now confidently ignore their products forever.
Cool down, the Slate plugins are available for buying as well.
Nope, don't think so.

Return to “Effects”