Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Legend

Richard_Synapse wrote:
Elektronisch wrote:You must be doing something wrong. Im playing chord sequence of each chord containing 4 notes same type patch:

Diva - Devine Quality - Polyphonic Mode - Multicore On - 8%
The Legend - 8%
The Legend does not use multiple cores - DUNE 2 does, but not The Legend. Legend is vectorized using SSE, so it does not tax the other cores at all. Hence a comparison is only meaningful when turning off multi-core processing.

Richard
I've tried it today, and I agree. Legend is nicely CPU efficient in the unison/poly case. It also sounds great, so no compromise here.

Good times for fans of vintage synths. New levels are being reached.

Congratz Richard & Brok

- U (now off to the lab to figure out how they did it)

woodsdenis wrote:
bite_me wrote:Hi,

there´s something wrong with automation in legend.

I use Bitwig and it normally auto-detects the knobs I move at the UI.
Not with legend. Here I have to scroll through the list of (legend´s) functions to assign a midi controller manually.

By the way. Congratz Richard! Superb synth!
Same/similar in Live 9, to configure clicking on knobs doesn't work, however if you click through the presets with the arrow keys all the parameters appear one by one. Never seen that one before !!!!!
(Guessing) I thought a demo limitation is that it isn't automatable. That would explain why Live wouldn't see them. Weird though that flipping through presets does work.
So... could it be you are using the demo?

BDeep wrote:
woodsdenis wrote:

Not with legend. Here I have to scroll through the list of (legend´s) functions to assign a midi controller manually.

By the way. Congratz Richard! Superb synth!
Same/similar in Live 9, to configure clicking on knobs doesn't work, however if you click through the presets with the arrow keys all the parameters appear one by one. Never seen that one before !!!!!
(Guessing) I thought a demo limitation is that it isn't automatable. That would explain why Live wouldn't see them. Weird though that flipping through presets does work.
So... could it be you are using the demo?
No full version, you are correct parameter auto is disabled in the demo.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

Hmmm ok, weird. Was thinking more than 128 parameters then, but I somehow doubt that's it.

to configure clicking on knobs doesn't work
This should be fixed now: http://forum.synapse-audio.com/viewtopi ... =0#p114187

To be clear only the Mac version has been updated (as the issue did not effect Windows systems) ?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

To be clear only the Mac version has been updated (as the issue did not effect Windows systems)
Yes, exactly.

Thank you. :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:
koshdukai wrote:
gentleclockdivider wrote:Not sure if this bug has been posted yet.

Double clicking on the second osc semi --->default state : gui is not updated.
Edit ...this also seem to happen with the first osc. after tweaking the fine knob .
I'm not able to reproduce this.

With what OS, DAW and at what GUI size are you getting this issue?
I'm not able to reproduce it either. Win 10 64 bit Reaper, FL Studio.
host renoise . O.s. Vista :clown:
All 32 bit
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

edit:
double post
Last edited by brok landers on Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

Urs wrote:>snip<
I've tried it today, and I agree. Legend is nicely CPU efficient in the unison/poly case. It also sounds great, so no compromise here.

Good times for fans of vintage synths. New levels are being reached.

Congratz Richard & Brok

- U (now off to the lab to figure out how they did it)
this from _you_, urs... thanks! i feel quite honored. i consider this as richards and my accolade. i can safely die now. :)
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign

Teksonik wrote:To be clear only the Mac version has been updated (as the issue did not effect Windows systems) ?
Fixed in Live 9 , hows that for service. :D :D Stellar fix from Marcin and the crew in support late at night here in Europe.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

Mutant wrote:
gentleclockdivider wrote: Come again ....?
Simply open the filter 100%, set one oscillator to 2 feet, play a very high note, observe it on an oscilloscope.
With the proper zoom setting, you will see the short flat section between attack and decay.

Ok, as the developer said that it is clipped, i tried to look again and it is true.
The flat top wasn't visible on the decay setting i used before.
the minimoog kind of clips in the amp env, but the filter env behaves quite the opposite in that regard - is spikes within the very beginning, given the attack is very short and there's a reasonable decay. this does the "snappyness", as it kinda shapes the transient in terms of frequency. quite characteristic, especially when a good portion of resonance is used. though this behaviour isn't really unique to only the minimoog. there's other fully analog synths, where this behaviour is also present (korg monopoly, f.e.). richard was heavy on that specific behave, as soon as we measured the envs, as it really seperates, it sounds quite organic... it's tiny at first, but it delivers.
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign

Are there any plans to release the other rack extensions as plugins?
You are currently reading my signature.

Teksonik wrote:

Knobs are auto-detected fine here in FL Studio and Reaper (Win 10 64 bit). :)
This is strange. My FLs 12.3 does not detect them either. :(

Return to “Instruments”