Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Legend

Teksonik wrote:
chk071 wrote: the fact that you don't know what "snappy" means, well, let's say that it is pretty telling.
The fact you don't know that "snappy" has no meaning is even more telling....... :wink:
Well, it does. Ask anyone who fiddled with synths for a short while. :shrug:

chk071 wrote:
Teksonik wrote:
chk071 wrote: the fact that you don't know what "snappy" means, well, let's say that it is pretty telling.
The fact you don't know that "snappy" has no meaning is even more telling....... :wink:
I've "fiddled" with synths since 1980. :wink: If you can't define "snappy" with real world measurements like milliseconds then no, it has no meaning.

Ok I'm not going to argue with you any longer newbie.

I'm going to go argue with Trump supporters which is equally sporting as fishing with dynamite. :tu:

Back on the topic of The Legend....anyone with a controller keyboard should try slapping an Arpeggiator in front of Legend. Tons of fun......... :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I love Dune(2), but for a Minimoog emulation I prefer either Monark or Diva.
You are currently reading my signature.

Teksonik wrote:
chk071 wrote:
Teksonik wrote:
I've "fiddled" with synths since 1980. :wink: If you can't define "snappy" with real world measurements like milliseconds then no, it has no meaning.
You actually can, because it's about fast envelopes, and resonant filters. Why exactly Legend isn't quite as snappy as Monark, or why the Synapse envelopes always sound a bit strawy, stump and weak, i don't know. Ask Richard, he has a better insight in the technical side of things. I'm just a consumer. With ears.

yeah have to admit, i'd rather Diva.
or a real minimoog :P

I prefer the sound of the Legend to Monark.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Robmobius wrote:I prefer the sound of the Legend to Monark.
Ditto, but what would we know sitting on this rock in the Atlantic :D
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

chk071 wrote:
Teksonik wrote:
chk071 wrote:
Teksonik wrote:
You actually can, because it's about fast envelopes, and resonant filters. Why exactly Legend isn't quite as snappy as Monark, or why the Synapse envelopes always sound a bit strawy, stump and weak, i don't know. Ask Richard, he has a better insight in the technical side of things. I'm just a consumer. With ears.
For me, snappy means fast. Its nothing to do with the filter, its about envelopes. Can you explain how a snappy filter works?

Today i tested/measured the envs in Legend against some hardware analogs and soft ones. Legend def has fast/snappy envs.

Im also guessing, from the notes here from brok and rich, that they are happy the envs match the hardware they used as reference :shrug:

AnX wrote: Im also guessing, from the notes here from brok and rich, that they are happy the envs match the hardware they used as reference :shrug:
I'm sure they are. As are the Native Instruments devs, as are the u-he devs. And still all 3 emus sound a bit different. I'm not getting into that "which sounds more authentic", because i have no idea about that anyway. I am just saying that there are differences.

As i wrote, there's no need for a big drama, as, as mentioned, Legend sounds quite nice. People just hang on to the statements about the envelopes. Or, let's say, just one person really. Everyone can just demo, and compare Monark, Diva, and Legend, and see for themselves.

BTW, for anyone wondering, obviously, the crossgrade option works both ways, and you can get the RE too, for free, when you own the VST/AU: http://www.reasontalk.com/viewtopic.php ... 55#p284155

chk071 wrote:
AnX wrote: Im also guessing, from the notes here from brok and rich, that they are happy the envs match the hardware they used as reference :shrug:
I'm sure they are. As are the Native Instruments devs, as are the u-he devs. And still all 3 emus sound a bit different. I'm not getting into that "which sounds more authentic", because i have no idea about that anyway. I am just saying that there are differences.
Authenticity is a kinda big thing in an emulation :wink:

chk071 wrote:BTW, for anyone wondering, obviously, the crossgrade option works both ways, and you can get the RE too, for free, when you own the VST/AU: http://www.reasontalk.com/viewtopic.php ... 55#p284155
That's Great !

Thanks for the info. I thought it only worked from RE --> VST, I'm glad it works both ways.

Q. What's a NFR License ?
Last edited by Muziksculp on Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

chk071 wrote: Everyone can just demo, and compare Monark, Diva, and Legend, and see for themselves.
Why? They dont emulate each other. You need to try each one and compare it to a MM.

Muziksculp wrote:
chk071 wrote:BTW, for anyone wondering, obviously, the crossgrade option works both ways, and you can get the RE too, for free, when you own the VST/AU: http://www.reasontalk.com/viewtopic.php ... 55#p284155
That's Great !

Thanks for the info. I thought it only worked from RE --> VST, I'm glad it works both ways.

Not for resale!

Cinebient wrote:
Muziksculp wrote:
That's Great !

Not for resale!
Oh.. didn't think of that one.

Thanks !

Return to “Instruments”