iZotope Neutrino - Spectral Shaping

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Neutrino

I have a fair few iZotope Plug-ins but I couldn't get this to show up in Live 9. I don't care enough to spend the rest of the day trying to figure it out. When I went to uninstall, there was no entry for it under ''Uninstall a program''. I eventually found an Uninstaller for it on my START Menu.

I'm on Win 7 64-bit Home Premium, using 32-bit Live 9 Suite. VST2 is what I'd be using. The System Requirements suggest that it should work for me but there you go.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

camsr wrote:Is this like an automatic linear phase dynamic eq?
From the marketing blurb and the demo video I'm thinking this is more of an Emperor's New Clothes plugin...
Feel free to call me Brian.

bmrzycki wrote:
From the marketing blurb and the demo video I'm thinking this is more of an Emperor's New Clothes plugin...
It's a new form of 'Researchware' where the research is into how gullible iZotope consumers can be. Once they have determined that the next big product will be launched ;)

Maybe they sacked all the coders and only kept a GUI designer and the marketing team.

aMUSEd wrote:
bmrzycki wrote:
It's a new form of 'Researchware' where the research is into how gullible iZotope consumers can be. Once they have determined that the next big product will be launched ;)
Precisely. I've watched several 'expert' demo "reviews", where the guy is A/B-ing the processed/un-processed track, and I'm turning up my volume... adjusting my ("studio grade") headphones... swapping said headphones for my uber "studio-grade" set, and squinting real hard, as I lean into the monitor to try and hear ANY substantive difference, that would warrant loading this. but... :shrug:
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Sampleconstruct wrote:Maybe they sacked all the coders and only kept a GUI designer and the marketing team.
:lol:

It's funny because there's a good chance it's true.

Perhaps a software version of the 'Producer Slider' – that disconnected slider at the end of the console that the producer is told affects 'loudness', 'fat', 'bass' or whatever and is, reluctantly, invited to adjust – carfully! a little goes a long way – according to taste…

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

What is the purpose of this plugin again?

As "thorough" as that video example was on the previous page, and I did hear mild differences, and it IS free.. but I don't see any reason to add it to my arsenal based on the fact it's free.

BUT.. it is free. Also the comment about this being a piece of researchware made me laugh.. and then shiver a bit.. you could be bang on with that.

Bit odd this one :ud:

I found a noisy, filtered, supersaw and stuck Neutrino in instrument mode.
If I set the amount to 100 and then turn the detail to maximum, I do clearly hear some excitement being added. However this fades away after a couple of seconds. If I turn the detail down and back up again I get the same result. Can only assume this is a bug.

Check out the Groove 3 video where he has it on all tracks and then bypasses them , a significant difference cumulatively. The effect on an individual track is very subtle. Also if it's spectral balancing to defined curve as it is, a well balanced signal will not trigger it as much as a unbalanced one.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

I get the same with drums, raising detail to maximum produces a clear change, which then drops off a couple of seconds later. If I disable and re-enable there's no difference. Only when I play with the detail control. This is Mac Bitwig.

Can someone stack 5 or so instances and see what happens?
ImageImageImageImage

Sampleconstruct wrote:Maybe they sacked all the coders and only kept a GUI designer and the marketing team.
Sad that a company founded by MIT Media Lab geeks with great ideas has sold out to the suits...

highkoo wrote:Can someone stack 5 or so instances and see what happens?
I was going to suggest this also. The range of the effect could be limited...

Return to “Effects”