Sonimus TuCo Compressor

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It is ready, we are working in testing, manuals and changelog news.

I take back my previous post after a bit more testing. This compressor is one of my new favorites. :tu:
You are currently reading my signature.

the compression action seems nice ,on what i have used it, i got good result wihtout any trouble but at first i was praising the tube sound color now i m not so sure, still great but their might be better alternative for that sound color/ saturation ( with big loads of cpu while tuco sound similar using none )
Analog electronic drum samples (Free demo pack)
http://www.syntheticwav.com

Sonimus wrote:TuCo 1.0.1 Release will include, VDC (Volume Drop Compensation)
VDC is a volume compensation due to the compressor gain drop.
Enjoy it!.

Will these options have a little toggle switch below the controls in future versions once it's all established?
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

liquidsound wrote:
Sonimus wrote:TuCo 1.0.1 Release will include, VDC (Volume Drop Compensation)
VDC is a volume compensation due to the compressor gain drop.
Enjoy it!.

Will these options have a little toggle switch below the controls in future versions once it's all established?
Or change the knob colour to slightly red :D

In response to our valued users' feature requests, Sonimus is pleased to announce a free update to our recently released TuCo Compressor.
New features:
Added Auto Makeup Gain Control.
Added a new Mix Control Mode
Details
- Auto Makeup Gain (AMG) compensates for volume drop resulting from compression. To activate AMG, click on the “Amount” label. AMG does not modify audio dynamics. Rather, it calculates a gain compensation approximation.
- Mix Control Mode: Mix Before Output Control: You can blend dry/wet without worrying about matching dry and wet signal volumes. Mix After Output Control: You must level the compressed signal using the “output knob” to achieve your desired dry/wet signal ratio.

Nice update. It's great to see Sonimus implemented these features so quick.

Yea I gotta say soninus really impressed with this turnaround. I wasn't going to purchase Tuco, but like burnley et. al., it sounds really good quickly. I'm looking forward to the mk2 updates, too. I'm not a shill.

Bought this, it's definitely one of the best ou there imo.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Don't like the new agm that much. It's all over the top and way too loud, but why?
When will mk2 arrive.

Finetuning the parameters isn't holding shift anymore, instead it's alt, why? All other sonimus plugins use shift! Will this be changed for all with mk2?
Why starts the output gain inside TuCo at 12 and not 0, strange?!

Svama wrote:Don't like the new agm that much. It's all over the top and way too loud, but why?
When will mk2 arrive.
Mk2 is already out, at least its in my account.

Mk2 for the whole product lineup?

I installed version 1.0.1. First tests: tone ok, compression action fine.
Auto gain adjustment is weird. It does not compensate correctly
and i am having a hard time to using even an external level matcher
to accurately compensate, (ie within less than 3db of dry).
If i turn auto compensation off and do it
by hand plus with the external level match plugin, then volume is fine.

Weird. I am using windows 7, latest ableton live suite, 64bit everything.

More tests to follow.

double post
Last edited by Tp3 on Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Return to “Effects”