Sonimus TuCo Compressor

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

it's probably "stereo with bigger cross-talk", like Satson/Britson.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Wow, very nice GUI!

Price?

Burillo wrote:it's probably "stereo with bigger cross-talk", like Satson/Britson.
What's a "Bigger cross-talk" ?
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Robert Randolph wrote:Also, the vintage stereo option sounds very interesting. Perhaps something unique that it brings to the table?
I'll quote the manual here:
Stereo Mode

- Mono: Process a stereo input into mono unit compressor.

- Stereo Vintage: Is the sum of both channels (left & right) into a single unit detector
circuit, then applies the same “Gain Reduction” to each channel. This mode sounds open and wide.

- Stereo Modern: Each channel (left & right) is processed independently, then, the two
Gain Reductions are combined into one, making the final Gain Reduction equal for
both side. This mode can be convenient for mastering purposes.

- Dual Mono: Each channel is processed independently by two compressor units.

Robert Randolph wrote:
Everglide wrote:Here is the GUI at 50%
What does the plug-in size default to when opening a new instance?
if it isn't scalable,

full size.

Tp3 wrote:
Burillo wrote:it's probably "stereo with bigger cross-talk", like Satson/Britson.
in Satson/Britson, "vintage" and "modern" are the two crosstalk options, with "vintage" being the more noticeable one (higher crosstalk level). but as above poster noted, i was wrong.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Burillo wrote:
Tp3 wrote:
in Satson/Britson, "vintage" and "modern" are the two crosstalk options, with "vintage" being the more noticeable one (higher crosstalk level). but as above poster noted, i was wrong.
Incidentally hasn't anyone noticed that in Satson it's the other way round?! i.e. Modern works like Britson's Vintage and vice versa? I've just got Satson (after having had Britson for a while) and I find it hard to believe I'd be the first to notice and report it... (Sonimus told me they'll look into it but understandably they must be busy right now with Tuco and MKII updates...)

What a beautiful gui!
I really want to try it, all of sonimus stuff is awesome.

what if a webcam's live video could be integrated into the gui so that I could see my reflection on those shiny knobs? :idea:

Been fortunate to play with the demo.... I really like it, it has this silky-soft feel/saturation.

It can be sluggish as with it's design I guess, but it also can get pretty aggressive yet retains that saturated-soft feel

It's subjective and it'll not be for all, but I predict that people will love it if they like and use this type of compressors.

Definitely a character compressor... and definitely a keeper for me! :)

Robert Randolph wrote:
Everglide wrote:Here is the GUI at 50%
What does the plug-in size default to when opening a new instance?
I'm not affiliated with Sominus.
Maybe 3ee can answer your question

The size is like with every other plugin... I'd say it's 'normal' , don't get fooled by the large 'HD' image within the 1st post :P

acYm wrote:what if a webcam's live video could be integrated into the gui so that I could see my reflection on those shiny knobs? :idea:
I have a strong mirroring screen! :love: :lol:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Looks nice. Can't wait to hear it in action.

Coincidentally i just started using Satson again, sounding great. Sometimes i think i would use it more if i only knew what it did exactly. ;)

Sonimus wrote:TuCo is our new compressor based on vari-mu tube technology with a feedback topology. TuCo can be clean, warm and crisp at same time, getting subtle and natural compression at low amounts and punchy at higher amounts. TuCo is an original Sonimus’ development, designed on analog modeling techniques..
SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY !

:D

Return to “Effects”