Sonimus TuCo Compressor

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

edit
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

There is no mk2 version of the other products, sadly.
Mjuc auto gain compensation is useable, but this one is garbage, sorry.

Who needs auto gain ? adjust manually... (if technicians could do it for 50 odd years, so can you)
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Fine adjusting with mouse scroll wheel doesn't exist, why? Would be a nice feature. And also typing the values by keyboard and not only adjusting by mouse.

Auto gain compensation could be a time saver if it works right!

This compressor is like butter ;)

For sure, but handling could be better.

Some people just don't give a fark about auto gain.

How hard it is to twist a virtual knob ?...

AG's are NEVER dead-on. NEVER. so, the time spent micro adjusting them will better be spent on adjusting gain in the first place...
(Gabe Dumbbell)

I'm not talking about auto gain for myself.
Mouse scroll adjustments would be cool. Also, using it by keyboard commands, values for frequency, gain.... . The same behaviour for all sonimus plugins, e.g. fine adjustments by shift or alt.
Starting the makeup gain with zero and not twelve.
All nothing fancy and standard today.

Svama wrote:Mk2 for the whole product lineup?
My apologies, it must've been late when I was posting, I meant the next build of TuCo was already out.

Tp3 wrote:Some people just don't give a fark about auto gain.

AG's are NEVER dead-on. NEVER. so, the time spent micro adjusting them will better be spent on adjusting gain in the first place...
The reason why no Auto Gain implementations are ever dead on is because Auto Gain is a complex set of instructions (algorithm) that must take a ton into account before making their approximations. It's not as simple as turning a virtual knob in all honesty. The fact so many huge developers struggle with this concept should be proof that the concept is more difficult than most people tend to believe.

Tp3 wrote:Some people just don't give a fark about auto gain.

After a second review of your post, I believe I misread it. My apologies.

joe_04_04 wrote: The reason why no Auto Gain implementations are ever dead on is because Auto Gain is a complex set of instructions (algorithm) that must take a ton into account before making their approximations. It's not as simple as turning a virtual knob in all honesty. The fact so many huge developers struggle with this concept should be proof that the concept is more difficult than most people tend to believe.
Very true. It must be harder than it sounds! I think the implementation I prefer is the one on TDR Kotelnikov GE; it does the gain calculation and lets you hit the "trim" button to adjust the output volume knob. Plus it has the equal loudness bypass button, which I think pretty much all plugins should have.

I agree TuCo's autogain isn't quite there yet. I'm hopeful that they'll improve it because it is a great thing to have, for sure.

Kotelnikov is CPU hog, sadly.

Any news on the Antelope deal?

Everglide wrote:This compressor is like butter ;)
Well said, that's exactly my feeling using it. I don't bother with new compressors too much these days, but I really like this one. I think it's the simplicity matched with the transparency, plus the drive when you want it. I've been demoing it almost exclusively in parallel mode and I love how easily it adds glue and enhances groove. It kind of gives things more "3d" space.

These days I just want something I can slap on a channel, make a couple of tweaks and I'm done. Very often the release/timing characteristics just don't sound like what I'm looking for, I end up tweaking for a while but still don't get what I want. This one is really easy to set and forget, and it sounds right.

I'm not looking to buy more plug-ins really, but I am glad this one is cheap enough that I could go for it if I decided to.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Return to “Effects”