Yes
68%
No
32%

Total votes: 306

RELATED
PRODUCTS

From
dellboy wrote:If large sample libraries are so important,then all the 80s Pet Shop boys songs must be rubbish according to current thinking. The Beatles "Strawberry Fields" haunting Mellotron flute is redundant as well,even though it roughly equates to 8 bit. The large sample library myth is just that,a myth.
to
dellboy wrote:If someone needs large sample libraries for the type of music that they compose then thats fine by me
:tu: agreed, on that second one ^

I think it's been almost 3-4 years that I've switched over to 64 bit plugins only. That being said, I don't use a lot of plugins because I generally want to limit the number of tools I use so that I can learn them better.

Basically I use all the Fabfilter stuff, some Acustica Audio plugins, NI Battery 4, Voxengo plugins and some of the synths inside Logic.

I'm happy to see how far we have come with plugins and computing power. It really is a breeze to work with 64bit plugins and in general the plugin world has become incredibly exciting and great sounding. Kudos to all the developers that have invested all the time and energy for creating such amazing tools.

One company I wish would release their plugins in 64 bit is Minimal Systems. Their compressors are very good and super easy to use! And they run well in Fl Studio 12 (in 64 bit mode). Not all their plugins are good though, but the mastering compressors are great!

And here i am after replying "No." on the first page of this thread, and after lobbying for the use of 64-bit plugins, and now considering to go 32-bit again for one damn synth plugin which isn't 64-bit, but sounds soooo good. :lol: Oh well, i guess it doesn't hurt to go back, does it? :P

chk071 wrote:Oh well, i guess it doesn't hurt to go back, does it? :P
So long as you look where you're going.

Good point. Definitely need to check if i have all the 32-bit installers, and also make sure i get all the serials, and activations together. :P

Well, to report back, i made a compromise now. Installed some 32-bit plugins, and installed the 32-bit version of Cubase now, alongside 64-bit versions of my host. So i can have the best of both worlds. :)

chk071 wrote:Well, to report back, i made a compromise now. Installed some 32-bit plugins, and installed the 32-bit version of Cubase now, alongside 64-bit versions of my host. So i can have the best of both worlds. :)
Same here. :tu:

^^^ progress ^^^ 8)
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

The boiled frog on a slippery slope!
ImageImageImageImage

chk071 wrote:Well, to report back, i made a compromise now. Installed some 32-bit plugins, and installed the 32-bit version of Cubase now, alongside 64-bit versions of my host. So i can have the best of both worlds. :)
Which 32 bit plugins were important enough to make that compromise? I'm curious!

Do you still use 32-bit plugins on OS X? The poll doesn't say that.
Personally I'm using 32-bit only VST on Windows.
Checkout our VST3/VST2/AU/AAX/LV2:
Inner Pitch | Lens | Couture | Panagement | Graillon

SampleScience wrote:
Which 32 bit plugins were important enough to make that compromise? I'm curious!
Mainly Terratec Komplexer. I could live without it, but i wanted to see how it compares to Largo. And found out once again that Komplexer sounds very nice. I will just keep both versions installed now, in case i want to play with the one or the other. :)

Guillaume Piolat wrote:Do you still use 32-bit plugins on OS X? The poll doesn't say that.
Is it even possible? I thought Apple dropped 32 bit years ago. I might be wrong, any Mac head here who could comment on this?

SampleScience wrote:
Guillaume Piolat wrote:Do you still use 32-bit plugins on OS X? The poll doesn't say that.
Is it even possible? I thought Apple dropped 32 bit years ago. I might be wrong, any Mac head here who could comment on this?
It's a 64 bit OS but like Windows that doesn't stop you using 32 bit apps (or apps with 32 bit bridges).

As I posted above though, the main problem with 32 bit plugins on Mac is most of them are very old and use outdated graphics libraries which can render them unusable in some hosts.

Return to “Instruments”