Another Poor Cubase Victim... If I Had Only Known...

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cubase Pro 13

chk071 wrote:Wavelab and Clean 4 are almost 15 years old. Just saying.
True. Still, Audacity covers most of it and keeping a Vista PC for Clean and Wavelab will do any jobs I need.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

Yeah, if it does the job for you, that's fair enough of course. I missed the marker management, and the whole Wavelab workflow in Audacity, and the restoration effects didn't really do it for me either, when i still did tape and vinyl digitization stuff (when i applied them, they simply didn't detect blips and hums). And i always found the Audacity GUI pretty horrible TBH. So, Wavelab really works better for me.

chk071 wrote:Yeah, if it does the job for you, that's fair enough of course. I missed the marker management, and the whole Wavelab workflow in Audacity, and the restoration effects didn't really do it for me either, when i still did tape and vinyl digitization stuff (when i applied them, they simply didn't detect blips and hums). And i always found the Audacity GUI pretty horrible TBH. So, Wavelab really works better for me.
Yeah, that was the thing - it did what I wanted. Plus I didn't feel like I'd had my money's worth out of it. Then there's that thing like with new versions of MS Office when you can't find something that was in an obvious place in the older version. They call it progress. Supermarkets shuffle stuff round so we can't find it too. I agree about Audacity's GUI.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”