If you had $3000

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So, basically you want a hardware studio for $3k, right? 8)

With $3k I would go software, for $3k you get a really good computer and a dozen top-notch plugins.

fluffy_little_something wrote:So, basically you want a hardware studio for $3k, right? 8)

With $3k I would go software, for $3k you get a really good computer and a dozen top-notch plugins.
beni_72 wrote:
To clarify

A setup to produce (but not restricted to) house, techno and and also to use as a live setup at a gig

A lot of people use computers live. He could get a modern controller with keyboard, pads, sliders etc. in order to control it all.

Or he could opt for used hardware.

The Elektrons are great, I have an A4 and 2 octatracks and they play very nicely together as the master unit changes the pattern on each machine automatically which takes a lot of headache away from working with hardware/presets etc... I bought the 2nd Octatrack to use solely as a drum machine, I've filled it with sample chains which are permanently loaded, and set up a template project and it's a super powerful sample based drum machine. I almost went for a rytm but decided to get another octatrack instead as I already understand and like the workflow. I would replicate this setup if I was starting from scratch. All of it was 2nd hand and was less than $3000.

The Octatrack also works well with external midi gear which is a nice addition, although can only play up to 4 notes as a trigger and the next trigger will cut off all previous notes. But actually whilst being very different to your normal midi sequencer it's actually great once you get used to it and each track also has p-lockable arpeggiators.

Deep Mind 12
Analog 4
Analog Rytm

If this doesn't convince you, nothing will

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vuv1xlwmOs

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”