Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Keyscape - Collector Keyboards Omnisphere 1 Omnisphere 2

williedscarface wrote:
murnau wrote:
williedscarface wrote:
murnau wrote:
gremlinmoon wrote:I think the question we need to ask if this was 10 years in the making was what did you want more than anything in 2006? That can only mean they are going to release Fruity Loops 7.
107 comments since 2006 and the last made today is this??? :party: :lol:
gremlinmoon, that was funny.
@williedscarface

I don't know why you think your comment is so important that you spam my inbox with it. Anyway i had to update my PM rules because of you: "If Sender is foe Delete message".
murnau, I'm very sorry. That was an accident. I'm not that experienced at posting. Please forgive me.

I forgive you dude, and I've quoted you so that murnau will see this, assuming that is, that I'm not on his foe list as well. That's not a safe bet btw :)

noiseboyuk wrote: MOST LIKELY
Guitar vst
Considering how widely spectrasonic's instruments are used, i hope you're right. If it's panpipes, we'll have a major hollywood problem.

Thank you ghettosynth!

Well, i'm able to differentiate a cynical statement from a real apology even though i'm not a native english speaker. So that is that.

To be on-topic again i think it will be an instrument and no effect. They should stick to what they can. :D

EDIT: Cool, it's already confirmed that it will be their 4th instrument!
Last edited by murnau on Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Please God, do not let it be a guitar thing. Stylus RMX II please.

LFO8 wrote:Please God, do not let it be a guitar thing. Stylus RMX II please.
It won't be stylus 2. They just stated it's a 4th instrument. Probably guitars, as noiseboyzuk said. If it's as good as virtual guitarist was, i think i'll take two. :D
Last edited by budweiser on Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

Guitar vst
Or maybe wider than that - eg "Plucked / Strings", which could encompass all kinds of string-based instruments, from guitars (electric, acoustic), ebows, mandolins, ukes and variants, through to other string instruments like cellos/violins, pianos and so on, with good playable real instruments, but also a lot of organic sound design, heartland Americana stuff and other world/ethnic things, and of course Diego's weird contraptions :).

I feel like if something is at all "synthy" it's going to be in Omnisphere, so whatever instrument it is, I feel like it's going to have a different identity to "a big synthesizer". Guitars/strings is a good guess and has been my gut feeling for a while now. I don't feel like they would do a "real drums" instrument (as opposed to the beat-based Stylus thing) as that marketplace is pretty crowded and well-served already, even though Stylus doesn't do this very well and it's something that the Specs don't really cover these days (other than their old sample libraries).

And I don't think they are that interested in doing the whole "realistic orchestra thing" as again, these sample libraries are well served and Eric has really moved on from just making good libraries of playable instruments - he wants to bring new things to the table, and a lot of that is around playability, and sound design combined.

budweiser wrote:
LFO8 wrote:Please God, do not let it be a guitar thing. Stylus RMX II please.
It won't be stylus 2. They just stated it's a 4th instrument.

Some new drum thing in the same vain as Stylus RMX then. :party:

beely wrote: Or maybe wider than that - eg "Plucked / Strings", which could encompass all kinds of string-based instruments
You may frankly be on something here. This "ten years in the making" statement was puzzling me. How many guitars did they recorded ? :hihi: Makes more sense with other plucked instruments, i think.

LFO8 wrote: Some new drum thing in the same vain as Stylus RMX then. :party:
If it's not, i'm sure a stylus update is their next big thing. And probaly not in ten years ! :hihi:

it can only be a guitarist.

beely wrote:
Guitar vst
Or maybe wider than that - eg "Plucked / Strings", which could encompass all kinds of string-based instruments, from guitars (electric, acoustic), ebows, mandolins, ukes and variants, through to other string instruments like cellos/violins, pianos and so on, with good playable real instruments, but also a lot of organic sound design, heartland Americana stuff and other world/ethnic things, and of course Diego's weird contraptions :).

I feel like if something is at all "synthy" it's going to be in Omnisphere, so whatever instrument it is, I feel like it's going to have a different identity to "a big synthesizer". Guitars/strings is a good guess and has been my gut feeling for a while now. I don't feel like they would do a "real drums" instrument (as opposed to the beat-based Stylus thing) as that marketplace is pretty crowded and well-served already, even though Stylus doesn't do this very well and it's something that the Specs don't really cover these days (other than their old sample libraries).

And I don't think they are that interested in doing the whole "realistic orchestra thing" as again, these sample libraries are well served and Eric has really moved on from just making good libraries of playable instruments - he wants to bring new things to the table, and a lot of that is around playability, and sound design combined.
String-VSTi is a really good idea.

As long as it's free for Omnisphere owners... :pray:

I can only imagine what kind of fun is it for a Spectrasonics employee to read through all these speculations :)

Think Trilian for the model. Lots of real instruments, then plenty of synth and sound design stuff. I don't think it will be as broad as all plucked instruments, guitar will likely be the defining word. But I'd expect that to include ukes, banjos, world instruments - like HZ guitars, but much deeper.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote:MOST LIKELY
Guitar vst
Agreed, Trillian for guitars.

Or maybe they sampled Diego Stocco's "orchestra" :wink:

If it's ten years in the making, then it originated around 2006, or at least the some of the idea, or tech, or some samples originated from that time, even if the instrument wasn't being actively worked upon to focus on RMX, them Omnisphere, then Trilian.

In 2004, that's when they first brought software development in-house and started to produce their instruments, the first being Stylus RMX based on their SAGE groove engine. In 2008, Omnisphere was released, with the synth-based STEAM engine. So it's likely that the STEAM engine originated around 2006 and took a couple of years to get to Omnisphere 1.0 - meaning this new instrument is likely also STEAM engine powered, so likely keyboard/synth based, rather than groove/hit based.

Return to “Instruments”