VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SurferEQ

Hink wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
Tp3 wrote:
IIRs wrote:Yawn.

If you don't like ilok don't buy the plug. There you go, problem solved.
+1 :

Yawn.

If you don't like ilok don't buy the plug. There you go, problem solved.

:D

Devs are entitled to do whatever they want.
While it is unnecessary for full-blown ilok debates, at every turn, I do think it is right for people to mention whether ilok was the reason they will not buy. Were I a developer, I would consider this pretty important data/market research

In the specific case of this developer, public opinion (rants?) led them to reconsider their position on physical-ilok only licensing. That move not only brings them more revenue, but shows a flexibility in the face of customer opinion. Silencing/censoring all ilok talk would prohibit such progress

Anyway, to counter: If you don't like others expressing their ilok opinions, then don't read them. Definitely refrain from commenting about them :tu:
4 pages besides the op 3 posts about the eq none with substance about it...just saying...not even worth splitting :shrug:
I didn't read anything past the reply that I quoted.

It's not up to me to tell anyone what they should, or shouldn't, write. Was just sharing my opinion. Those that want to talk about the eq should just, erm...talk about the eq :shrug:, because, as is 'de rigueur' in these situations, those complaining about the complainers are making more noise :shrug:

koolkeys wrote:
Zookes wrote:
IIRs wrote:
Zookes wrote:
iLok ... assures only those without iLok do not steal it.
Fixed that for you.
You suggest eLicenser users are thieves?

Maybe you can be foolish to enjoy paying money for "license safety", but I will not.
Nobody said that anyone "enjoys" paying extra for license safety. But many people, in fact a lot more than you are probably aware, are perfectly fine with a developer doing what they feel is necessary. You can choose to not purchase dongled software all you want, but that doesn't mean others are foolish.

Believe it or not, MOST people in the audio world choose plugins and software based on features, workflow, support and other things that help them. They don't purchase based on copy protection. Yes, there are a small few in the grand scheme of things who love to scream about it, but in the end, most people, particularly those making a living off the software, are far less concerned about copy protection and more concerned about getting the best tool for their job. And in many cases, the best tool includes a dongle. Such is life. Nothing foolish about it.

Brent
Foolish wordy post.

Already I use dongles such like eLicenser and Hauptwerk, this is no problem for me.
iLok is the problem. I do not trust this company, it is a risk to have business with them.

I say I do not like iLok but wish to purchase and use this SurferEQ 2. You assume I am a thief or dislike DRM? Foolish. Think harder maybe before next posting?

Zookes wrote:
koolkeys wrote:
Zookes wrote:
IIRs wrote:
Zookes wrote:
iLok ... assures only those without iLok do not steal it.
Fixed that for you.
You suggest eLicenser users are thieves?

Maybe you can be foolish to enjoy paying money for "license safety", but I will not.
Nobody said that anyone "enjoys" paying extra for license safety. But many people, in fact a lot more than you are probably aware, are perfectly fine with a developer doing what they feel is necessary. You can choose to not purchase dongled software all you want, but that doesn't mean others are foolish.

Believe it or not, MOST people in the audio world choose plugins and software based on features, workflow, support and other things that help them. They don't purchase based on copy protection. Yes, there are a small few in the grand scheme of things who love to scream about it, but in the end, most people, particularly those making a living off the software, are far less concerned about copy protection and more concerned about getting the best tool for their job. And in many cases, the best tool includes a dongle. Such is life. Nothing foolish about it.

Brent
Foolish wordy post.

Already I use dongles such like eLicenser and Hauptwerk, this is no problem for me.
iLok is the problem. I do not trust this company, it is a risk to have business with them.

I say I do not like iLok but wish to purchase and use this SurferEQ 2. You assume I am a thief or dislike DRM? Foolish. Think harder maybe before next posting?
And you think MY post is foolish? I never said you were a thief (nor did anyone else, though you tried to twist it that way and act offended). Nice try though.

Everything in my post is completely accurate. Just insert "iLok" instead of dongle. Doesn't matter if you already use dongles. My points still remain. You can call the post foolish all you want, and make assumptions of things I never said. But you didn't actually dispute anything I said because you can't. If you don't want to use iLok, great. Don't.

Brent
My host is better than your host

Return to “Effects”