SurferEQ 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SurferEQ

dayjob wrote:
mladi wrote:
MogwaiBoy wrote:I applaud Sound Radix for opening this up to non-dongle owners. I know for me personally it is now firmly on the radar because of this change.

Good move - wish them every success with this product.
Wasn't it the other way around? Since the 2nd version it's iLok protected.
it was dongle only upon release but they added ability to have HD auth w/the ilok licenser after a short period.
Now i understand it, thank you for explaining. :tu:
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

mladi wrote:
dayjob wrote:
mladi wrote:
MogwaiBoy wrote:I applaud Sound Radix for opening this up to non-dongle owners. I know for me personally it is now firmly on the radar because of this change.

Good move - wish them every success with this product.
Wasn't it the other way around? Since the 2nd version it's iLok protected.
it was dongle only upon release but they added ability to have HD auth w/the ilok licenser after a short period.
Now i understand it, thank you for explaining. :tu:
this is my positive interaction on a music forum. :)

IIRs wrote:
Zookes wrote:
iLok ... assures only those without iLok do not steal it.
Fixed that for you.
You suggest eLicenser users are thieves?

Maybe you can be foolish to enjoy paying money for "license safety", but I will not.

Zookes wrote:
IIRs wrote:
Zookes wrote:
iLok ... assures only those without iLok do not steal it.
Fixed that for you.
You suggest eLicenser users are thieves?

Maybe you can be foolish to enjoy paying money for "license safety", but I will not.
Nobody said that anyone "enjoys" paying extra for license safety. But many people, in fact a lot more than you are probably aware, are perfectly fine with a developer doing what they feel is necessary. You can choose to not purchase dongled software all you want, but that doesn't mean others are foolish.

Believe it or not, MOST people in the audio world choose plugins and software based on features, workflow, support and other things that help them. They don't purchase based on copy protection. Yes, there are a small few in the grand scheme of things who love to scream about it, but in the end, most people, particularly those making a living off the software, are far less concerned about copy protection and more concerned about getting the best tool for their job. And in many cases, the best tool includes a dongle. Such is life. Nothing foolish about it.

Brent
My host is better than your host

why dont we keep this about the EQ and keep the ilok talk related to the developer and not yet another thread about the merits of ilok ;)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote:why dont we keep this about the EQ and keep the ilok talk related to the developer and not yet another thread about the merits of ilok ;)
Because. Impossible.

iLok rules. Except when it doesn't. Hey there Hink :hug: :D

Brent

And for the record, I think the EQ looks excellent. I got the freebie "Boogie" version a few days ago and it is tempting to get the full version. Just not sure I need another EQ for that price. But I love the concept as it is something many engineers already do manually through automation (kind of sounds like an oxymoron there, doesn't it, lol?)

Brent

koolkeys wrote:
Hink wrote:why dont we keep this about the EQ and keep the ilok talk related to the developer and not yet another thread about the merits of ilok ;)
Because. Impossible.

iLok rules. Except when it doesn't. Hey there Hink :hug: :D

Brent

good to see you Brent :hug:

Nothing is impossible :)

edit: it's a bit disrespectful to the developer, the thread will end up locked for a bit, split and then opened again...it should be about the eq
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Because as long as the iLok is the integral part of the plugin it's perfectly legitimate topic. Devs have to take that into account and there's no point to cry about it.
No signature here!

robotmonkey wrote:
Because as long as the iLok is the integral part of the plugin it's perfectly legitimate topic. Devs have to take that into account and there's no point to cry about it.
I'm sure the dev did and not every thread about a plugin using ilok or a dongle deserves to be hi-jacked for one point of view not shared by all.

IIRs wrote:Yawn.

If you don't like ilok don't buy the plug. There you go, problem solved.
+1 :

Yawn.

:D

Devs are entitled to do whatever they want.
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Tp3 wrote:

+1 :

Yawn.

While it is unnecessary for full-blown ilok debates, at every turn, I do think it is right for people to mention whether ilok was the reason they will not buy. Were I a developer, I would consider this pretty important data/market research

In the specific case of this developer, public opinion (rants?) led them to reconsider their position on physical-ilok only licensing. That move not only brings them more revenue, but shows a flexibility in the face of customer opinion. Silencing/censoring all ilok talk would prohibit such progress

Anyway, to counter: If you don't like others expressing their ilok opinions, then don't read them. Definitely refrain from commenting about them :tu:

I came to this thread to read about the EQ and NOT about the merits/demerits of iLok.
It would make a lot more sense for those who don't like iLok to write directly to the developer as not all companies bother to involve themselves in these forums. You want people power then take it directly to the man.

kelvyn wrote:I came to this thread to read about the EQ and NOT about the merits/demerits of iLok.
It would make a lot more sense for those who don't like iLok to write directly to the developer as not all companies bother to involve themselves in these forums. You want people power then take it directly to the man.
i think that's what happened and that's possibly part of reason why they added HD auth w/the ilok licenser.

seems this issues is resolved for people who don't use the ilok dongle (though there are some Pace boycotters as well) so hopefully getting back to talking about the EQ is where we're headed.

fwiw new izotop neutron has dynamic eq in it. though doesn't seem quite same thing as surferEQ2.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
Tp3 wrote:

+1 :

Yawn.

While it is unnecessary for full-blown ilok debates, at every turn, I do think it is right for people to mention whether ilok was the reason they will not buy. Were I a developer, I would consider this pretty important data/market research

In the specific case of this developer, public opinion (rants?) led them to reconsider their position on physical-ilok only licensing. That move not only brings them more revenue, but shows a flexibility in the face of customer opinion. Silencing/censoring all ilok talk would prohibit such progress

Anyway, to counter: If you don't like others expressing their ilok opinions, then don't read them. Definitely refrain from commenting about them :tu:
4 pages besides the op 3 posts about the eq none with substance about it...just saying...not even worth splitting :shrug:

Return to “Effects”