Roland: Biggest Product Launch Ever: 30+ Products #909day

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

No words about Roland's VST plug-ins here. Like Promars for example. Yes it's also a plug-out. But also VST plug-in. It looks like a lot of peopel have missed that. There are evne VST demos available. However it's not so obvous on their website. Go grab the plug-.out demo and it'll include the VST as well.

stimresp wrote:Necrobump.

Just got a TR-09 and it fuggin' awesome.

The drums themselves may be long in the tooth, but they sound great coming from this unit. Better than any 909 sample pack I've tried. Can't comment on comparisons with a 909, but I doubt that anyone would notice in the mix. It sounds like a 909 to me!

The interface is far too cramped and only one physical output is meh (though Jeff Mills seems to only use the main output of his 909 and nobody complains).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fYMSOb7g0w

But where the TR-09 rules is portability and integration. All you need is a USB cable to have a 5 stereo inputs to you DAW, and a stereo mix output. The line-in signal also comes out over USB. The MIDI clock seems solid - I'm using it as master, with Renoise slaved and synced-up perfectly (after some latency adjustment). So it's a cinch to pipe the drums through any VST FX, add Synths and Samples, etc.

I was initially sceptical but I'll hand it to Roland on this one. It works for me.
So why get this over a TR-8 that has all the same sounds and then some for 100 bucks more?

Stupid American Pig wrote: So why get this over a TR-8 that has all the same sounds and then some for 100 bucks more?
Good question. I did think about it but the size difference won out. I travel a lot and I wanted a small drum machine for on the road. Plus it looks cute and I'm shallow.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”