Is Cakewalk going out of business?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Grumbleweed wrote:Why do you keep updating Sonar when all you have ever done is moan about it?
new stuff to moan about? it gets boring if you just moan about the same stuff all the time

Grumbleweed wrote:Why do you keep updating Sonar when all you have ever done is moan about it?
What's the difference in moaning or grumbling about it ? :? :D

Numanoid wrote:
I like to grumble, but I'd abandon something if I found myself moaning about it for years (apart from my family of course) ;).

Grum.

There can be only one Grum.

Numanoid wrote:
the sound it makes

vintagevibe wrote:
I don't pay monthly and Cakewalk sent me an offer for $99. I qualify for $99.
Post your complaint in the Sonar forum with a title like "CW doesn't want my money...." That should get a quick response! :lol:

I'll be surprised if they don't extend the deal a bit longer. Given their (lack of) support in the weeks leading up to the deadline, it's the very least they could do.

flugel45 wrote:
vintagevibe wrote:Well they sent me an offer of lifetime upgrades for $99. When I follow the link it says $199. If I don't talk to customer support before Aug 31 I loose the deal...
Make sure you're logged into your CW account. At the Deals page, click the Buy Now button for the Sonar-Lifetime Updates. The next page shows your shopping cart and the sales price that you're eligible for. (For example, mine says $499 on the Deals page, then once added to the cart, on the next page it shows as $99).
I wasn't even able to open the menu on their website, let alone log in. I'm pretty biased against Cakewalk these days, but that lifetime upgrades thing and the notice of considering a Mac port got even MY attention (granted, they sent me THREE postal mailings about that upgrade offer, all on the same day, which just goes to show me they STILL can't be bothered to validate their customer data). Too bad for them that they can't be bothered to make sure the website works so that people like me who are actually brought in out of curiosity can do more than go "oh look, Cakewalk still can't be bothered...".
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Only 20-40% of cakewalk users are happy with the product.

vintagevibe wrote:They have no tech support. People, including myself, have been waiting for months with no reply. I've tried to call their main number for a customer service issue for two days now and all I get is a recording that says "All Circuits are busy." They cannot be contacted by any means. This looks bad.
I've been having the exact same issue. STILL waiting to transfer a copy of Z3ta+2 that a fellow KVRian purchased weeks ago! Dammit Cakewalk... :x

Wait, you can transfer their plugins now?? Thought you can only transfer your account.

chk071 wrote:Wait, you can transfer their plugins now?? Thought you can only transfer your account.
Well my account only has Z+2 in it, so...same thing :hihi:

Aah... :D But you don't need support for that then. Deliver the account details, buyer changes it to his own, done. :) Or do they actually have some system now, which lets you transfer single products?

If you're talking to me, it's because I have many Sonar Files that I have to use. All new files are created in Cubase.

chk071 wrote:Aah... :D But you don't need support for that then. Deliver the account details, buyer changes it to his own, done. :) Or do they actually have some system now, which lets you transfer single products?
No it's obviously the same system, but I didn't realize that it was all up to me and the buyer to transfer the account over. So easy and no need for Cakewalk's pathetic support. Nice! :D
Thanks for letting me know this info, chk! :tu:

No probs, glad it solved your transfer "stall". :)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”