Korg Legacy Collection 50% Off until Aug. 24th (buy ? or skip ?)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

Korg's Legacy Collection is 50% off until August 24th. $99. instead of $199.

http://www.korg.com/us/products/softwar ... /index.php

Having no Korg HW-Synths in my studio makes me think this is a useful collection to have. which will also take no additional studio space (I used to own various Korg Synths way back in time) :wink:

Q. How good are these VST Instrument, and do they get pretty close to the original HW units ?

So, should I buy the bundle ? or skip it ?

Your feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Muziksculp

Muziksculp wrote:Hi,

Having no Korg HW-Synths in my studio makes me think this is a useful collection to have. which will also take no additional studio space (I used to own various Korg Synths way back in time) :wink:

Q. How good are these VST Instrument, and do they get pretty close to the original HW units ?

Thanks,
Muziksculp
I love it--especially the WaveStation and a couple of the others. I can't speak to how close the sounds are (compared to the originals), but the WaveStation, M1 and others are SYSEX-compatible with the originals. They'll read files made for the original hardware units.

The screens are a bit small, but if you like the sounds of those synths, you'll have a lot of fun with these!

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

planetearth wrote:

Thanks,
Muziksculp
I love it--especially the WaveStation and a couple of the others. I can't speak to how close the sounds are (compared to the originals), but the WaveStation, M1 and others are SYSEX-compatible with the originals. They'll read files made for the original hardware units.

The screens are a bit small, but if you like the sounds of those synths, you'll have a lot of fun with these!

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the feedback.

I will listen to some of the demos on Youtube to further evaluate them, since Korg doesn't seem to have any audio demos on their website (kind of odd) .

Cheers,
Muziksculp

Muziksculp wrote:
planetearth wrote:

Thanks,
Muziksculp

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the feedback.

I will listen to some of the demos on Youtube to further evaluate them, since Korg doesn't seem to have any audio demos on their website (kind of odd) .

Cheers,
Muziksculp
Korg put this collection out in 2010, I think (if not earlier). It's been updated over the years, but they don't officially support it. You register it with KorgUser.net.

But if you like the original synths, I really think you'll love these--especially since the WaveStation and the M1 come with all the patch cards Korg released for them, and the other synths come with a few hundred presets each, just to get you started.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

Used to own a Wavestation , M1, and then their O1W Workstation.

They all sounded wonderful. If someone told me that you can get these Synths for $99. in a virtual software format back in the 80's , I would have told him/her you must be dreaming :clown: . This will never happen.

Muziksculp wrote:Used to own a Wavestation , M1, and then their O1W Workstation.

They all sounded wonderful. If someone told me that you can get these Synths for $99. in a virtual software format back in the 80's , I would have told him/her you must be dreaming :clown: . This will never happen.
I didn't appreciate how cool the WS was at the time. I knew someone who owned an 01/W, and it was fun to play that thing.

Look for other threads on KVR about this collection. I don't think you'll see a negative comment that isn't related to the small (but usable) GUI. Everyone seems to agree this is a great collection at a great price.

Steve

I still have my 01W/FD and when I bought it back in the Days it was the best workstation out there. I used to own the Poly six and also the Wave station. I am tempted to buy this legacy Collection as well, all though I can't say I really need it :P
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

The KLC is a centerpiece of my productions. I have excellent eyes so the gui sizes doesn't
bother me much. The M1 gives me the same of what my Korg T2 does but with
greater polyphony. All the synths are capable of recreating the great 80's
and 90's sounds and more. You see, it is Labeled "dated" by the presets.
both the M1 and WS have great distortion effects and an added resonant filter
that allow for many new "Modern" type sounds. At many times much less
CPU usage than current offerings. Also without all the sample library
bloat. half off is the time to grab this. wow, what a deal.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

planetearth wrote:
Muziksculp wrote:Used to own a Wavestation , M1, and then their O1W Workstation.

I didn't appreciate how cool the WS was at the time. I knew someone who owned an 01/W, and it was fun to play that thing.

Look for other threads on KVR about this collection. I don't think you'll see a negative comment that isn't related to the small (but usable) GUI. Everyone seems to agree this is a great collection at a great price.

Steve
Hi Steve,

Yes, I will do a bit of searching about this on KVR, although I hate dealing with small GUI's , I guess it depends how uncomfortable small it is . (My eyesight is not as good as it once was). Plus, it would be nice if Korg gives this collection a GUI overhaul/improvement. Seems like this is a bit of neglect on their side.

I might just buy the Wavestion , since it can be very useful to have, and is kind of unique, and at $ 24.99 it's quite a bargain.

Cheers,
Muziksculp

Cheers,
Muziksculp

ATN69 wrote:I still have my 01W/FD and when I bought it back in the Days it was the best workstation out there. I used to own the Poly six and also the Wave station. I am tempted to buy this legacy Collection as well, all though I can't say I really need it :P
To be fair, most of us don't "need" half the stuff we have.

So why stop now? :wink:

Steve

layzer wrote:The KLC is a centerpiece of my productions. I have excellent eyes so the gui sizes doesn't
Now you are tempting me to get the whole collection :)

Muziksculp wrote:
planetearth wrote:

Steve
Hi Steve,

Yes, I will do a bit of searching about this on KVR, although I hate dealing with small GUI's , I guess it depends how uncomfortable small it is . (My eyesight is not as good as it once was). Plus, it would be nice if Korg gives this collection a GUI overhaul/improvement. Seems like this is a bit of neglect on their side.

I might just buy the Wavestion , since it can be very useful to have, and is kind of unique, and at $ 24.99 it's quite a bargain.

Cheers,
Muziksculp
The GUI isn't as bad as Arturia's original ones were. They're actually usable. And if you're using a second monitor and simply lower that one's resolution a bit, you'll be fine.

If the WaveStation is $25 and the whole collection is $50, you may kick yourself later for not buying the whole thing.

Steve

The Wavestation is $25. The whole collection is $99.

Muziksculp wrote:
layzer wrote:The KLC is a centerpiece of my productions. I have excellent eyes so the gui sizes doesn't
I only had the M1 at first. then the WS. then broke down and got the whole thing.
not even owning a polysix, ms20 or mono/poly keyboard i can't say how
accurate the analog emulations are, but they sound good to me:
I know people here are sick of this demo, but here is something
i did with wavestation and the Mono/poly Vst's:
https://soundcloud.com/layzerkvr/ramirez-moonrover
for the curious, the drums are a combo of Linlug RMiV
and a drum loop of the 80's Cheetah Spectrum drum unit.
Last edited by layzer on Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote:
Muziksculp wrote:
I only had the M1 at first. then the WS. then broke down and got the whole thing.
not even owning a polysix, ms20 or mono/poly keyboard i can't say how
accurate the analog emulations are, but they sound good to me:
I know people here are sick of this demo, but here is something
i did with wavestation and the Mono/poly Vst's:
https://soundcloud.com/layzerkvr/ramirez-moonrover
See? I'm not the only one who thinks this thing is worth it! The GUIs really aren't that bad. The worst is probably on the Mono/Poly or Polysix. The rest are fine.

(Cool track by the way, layzer!)

Steve

Return to “Instruments”