Going all software - but what about AN1X?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Analog Night Kontakt Edition

EvilDragon wrote:I'm not interested in making a Kontakt library for it
Why not? Except PNS Analog Night there isn't much competition

Simply because I have lots of other stuff to do :) Plus, there's nothing quite like the real thing, and IMHO making a sample library out of AN1x is missing the point by quite a lot.

EvilDragon wrote:Plus, there's nothing quite like the real thing.
I can understand you are busy, but can't agree with you on that, it's just a synth after all

These machines sell for less than £500 at the moment on eBay, so hardware aint really that much in demand

Just because it isn't hyped like the Jupiter 8 and thus expensive, doesn't mean it can easily be emulated via a limited sample plugin like Kontakt. I suppose the filter for instance would be Kontakt's internal one and take away a lot of that typical sound.

Gospel Musicians has put out the BlueBeast...
at first blush, it may seem like an apples and oranges comparison...and since I personally have no on hands experience with either the EX5 or the ANX1...I cannot vouch for how true the sound is... or the functionality of the synthesis that its capable of...but ... it sounds pretty nice in this walkthru (though it may be a little on the expensive side to take a chance on it...?)

fluffy_little_something wrote:a limited sample plugin like Kontakt.
Limited? :hihi:

I believe Kontakt is far, far more powerful than an1x

Yet it doesn't have a single filter that sounds like those in AN1x. Effects are also a world of difference - AN1x actually has effects that sound BETTER than Kontakt's. Case dismissed.

EvilDragon wrote:AN1x actually has effects that sound BETTER than Kontakt's.
So why do you spend your time making Kontakt libs and not patch libs for anX1 :shrug:

Why do you care? Scripting that I do actually pays the bills. Soundbanks, on the other hand, take a helluva lot more time for a comparatively much less profit.

If you want an AN1x, go get an AN1x, or get the Analog Night library (however far away it is from interacting with the real thing). Make up your mind, I made mine :)

EvilDragon wrote:Why do you care? Scripting that I do actually pays the bills.
It is suckers like me that pay for stuff like Epica, and here you are telling that it is just a fake

Yeah, why do I care :(

Of course it will never be exactly like the real thing. Sam did put tons of effort and world-class gear and effects (which I don't have) into sampling those machines - to be further mangled in Kontakt. I have no problem with that, but I don't feel inclined to do the same thing with AN1x. As I said, I have enough work and backlog on my plate as is...

Perhaps ask Sam about it :)

:roll:

If you are serious about Kontakt being your "team" I want you to back it up better than you do.

I shall think twice about buying any stuff you have been involved in, from now on.

Bravo for you.

Leaving hundreds of hundreds of support posts regarding Kontakt issues, how to use and various scripting inquiries across multiple forums is not good enough of a "backing up"? You're amazing.

EvilDragon wrote:Leaving hundreds of hundreds of support posts regarding Kontakt issues, how to use and various scripting inquiries across multiple forums is not good enough of a "backing up"
So why do you waste your time doing that, as you are saying that that an1x ancient fanboi synth of the 90's is so much superior.

You seem to constantly miss the point. Godspeed to you then. I am not bothered if you decide not to buy stuff I was involved in. It doesn't directly support or impact me as I don't receive any royalties from sales of products I have worked on, anyways. It will, however, impact the developer I have worked for. So again, bravo for you.

Return to “Instruments”