Which vst effect can do substractive spectral denoising using a sidechain audio signal?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The (noise print) that is used for the (noise reduction) should be the (sidechain) audio signal with a similar spectrum minus what needs to be isolated or removed.

I would mostly use this type of vst effect to make monophonic instruments stand out more than polyphonic instruments.

It has to be able to do 100% denoising if wanted and no quiet parts from the surrounding polyphonic notes should be heard around the monophonic melody sequence that does not exist in the (sidechain) audio signal.
The bandwidth for all spectral peaks would have to be narrow to make it sound more monophonic.

A spectral FFT size of 4096 would be sufficient for this to work reliably.

I'm not exactly sure what you're saying, but it sounds like you want Mspectraldynamics.

But Mspectraldynamics is a 4096 band FFT compressor and not a denoising focused vst effect plugin.

There was one made a LONG time ago, takes two inputs, subtracts one from the other. It was called KNOCKOUT.

iZotope RX 5 maybe? Not sure if it does exactly all the details you are looking for, but it's definitly aimed at denoising.

Audacity vocal reducer; and knockout is now free.
F E E D
Y O U R
F L O W

Neon Breath wrote:iZotope RX 5 maybe? Not sure if it does exactly all the details you are looking for, but it's definitly aimed at denoising.
Can it denoise using the spectrum of a sidechain audio signal?

Optimal number of audio plugins is one more than you currently have.

An FFT denoiser is basically a spectral filter. Maybe what the OP is looking for is a spectral filter that uses sidechain inputs as filtering signal.

My 2 cents.

+1 to Audiority.

I've seen something very cool like that in Kyma, via the CrossFilter (which is a sort of real time convolution between two live stream). If you have Reaktor, you may try something with the ezFFT macros.

Jedinhopy wrote:But Mspectraldynamics is a 4096 band FFT compressor and not a denoising focused vst effect plugin.
actualy its compressor/expander/eq combo and can be used for denoising /look at presets.../

Mspectraldynamics is a denoiser, although it does do other things. It also has a side chain input.

If you're using Reaper you can use parameter automation for this. You can trigger any vst parameter with a sidechain input.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

Mspectraldynamics is your best bet. It does spectral gating which is what mast broadband noise reduction solutions use. You can use the sidechain as the signal that triggers gain reduction.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Return to “Effects”