Best 64bit replacement for VoS NastyDLA?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I ended up buying JBridge just to run NastyDLA and the sorely neglected, 32-bit Reflex pro (boo, hiss). Those are probably the only 2 32-bit plugs that I have, although I rarely use either anymore.
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

Yes, let's put it this way:

I have Soundtoys Echoboy, Primal Tap, Crystalizer, Fabfilter Timeless, Nomad Echoes, IKMM T-RackS Tape Echo, Izotope Trash, RCPX RP-Delay, D16 Sigmund, etc. - and I still miss NastyDLA.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

DruMunkey wrote:I LOVE this FX! However, in Reaper I find that it will often just stop responding. It doesn't crash, it's like it turns itself off. I have to manually turn it off/on in the interface. Obviously that's no good.

What I love about it are the sounds you get without an insane number of controls... Plus the price. :)

Can I get a recommendation for a free/cheap replacement?

I want to save my pennies for something like Timeless, but I need a basic go-to replacement for NastyDLA.
Well in jbrdige every single VoS plugin works in Reaper and Ableton no fuss...

jBridge is cheap and great.

VAZ Modular work and every fx and synth just works...

jens wrote:Yes, let's put it this way:

I have Soundtoys Echoboy, Primal Tap, Crystalizer, Fabfilter Timeless, Nomad Echoes, IKMM T-RackS Tape Echo, Izotope Trash, RCPX RP-Delay, D16 Sigmund, etc. - and I still miss NastyDLA.
That's why I am still using a 32 bit DAW.
It's easy if you know how

I kept doing that for as long as I could - it was the f**king shitty T-RackS CS plugin that forced me to switch and unfortunately at first I didn't even realize the cause - all I saw was that I had been running out of memory - my fault - I assumed they employed only coders who knew at least to some extent what the f**k they were doing - but that's obviously not the case (whoever is responsible for T-RackS most probably can't even tie his own shoes and definetely should not be allowed to ever come near any computer at all).
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

JFYI, a 64 bit beta of NastyDLAmkII (amongst others) has just been released

https://varietyofsound.wordpress.com/20 ... ic-beta-1/

Awesome :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Slap me three times and call me Shirley
It's a bundle too
Don't feed the gators,y'all
https://m.soundcloud.com/tonedeadj

Return to “Effects”