Peavey ReValver 4 - ACT Combo and ACT Rack released!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
HeadRush ReValver

incubus wrote:Staying out of that!

Still haven't taken it for a spin. Part of me wants to, part of me likes my minimal "not demoing every single f...g thing" tude I've taken on.

Plus, after 100 years of dorking with tone I've gotten to where I wouldn't know a good guitar tone if it bit me in the ass :lol: (of course others can)
It really is great once you play with it yourself. Part of me wanted to do an "everyday" mixdown of the output of my setup, but then I realized that once someone got the patch, it wouldn't sound right. That's why I just said "screw it" they'll figure it out eventually. It's really not that much adjusting, the knobs become super-sensitive once you add a few of the ACT Rack modules that I've profiled. They stack, causing things that you don't normally get with Revalver, like a live amp noise in the background(like a tube amp)that goes away when you play, a slight feedback, and an increased sensitivity to playing. It's just a shame that you are more-or-less turning your own personal system into an amp that doesn't translate directly as a patch.

-or you could all just try it.

incubus wrote:
GrabtharsHammer wrote:Guys, no matter how wrong, stupid or annoying some of the posts in this thread are... perhaps we could try to not let this escalate any further.

ReValver is a very good software and threads like this only tatter its good reputation without good reason.
What "guys" are you talking about? The most inflammatory remark came from basically one person. Hold them accountable.
You may have missed the true "escalation," someone previously received a PM that they responded back with "I won't try that" so ok..then said person came here to post..hmm, you figure out what they came here to do. So of course I would defend myself. Either way, if you guys ever dig around with it and work with what I've put there for you to play with, you won't want to talk to me because you will feel wrong about not just trusting me..so just go play with thing and get on with it.
Last edited by spacekid on Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I never said that I won't try it. I said "IF I decide to try R4 some day". Let's not twist words here.

And let's also not mince words. Implying myself as "some people" is a bit juvenile. Come out straight and say ED is full of shit, I'm a grown up man, I can take it. And yeah I can also admit that sometimes I can be full of shit (well at least until the next visit to the loo :D) or not right about something (but then again nobody is ever always right, so whatever).
Last edited by EvilDragon on Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EvilDragon wrote:I never said that I won't try it. I said "IF I decide to try R4 some day". Let's not twist words here.
ok, my apologies, but you still came here to judge things based on a false output..just try the system yourself..it will open your ears, I promise :) And yeah, I realized from the begining it would be off, but there is no telling how far off it is because that will be different for everyone. I'll just set up my second system and record the monitor output sometime and then actually give it a little mix that would be suitable for normal speakers, not monitors.
Last edited by spacekid on Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

So what is the "right" output?

A recording is supposed to translate well to other speaker systems, no matter how simple that recording might be. Don't you think? There is such thing as a first impression, and if you wanted to make sound examples which compelled people to go out and try R4 for themselves, you might've missed the ball there, unfortunately. Now, if your sound examples were well balanced tonally, I could see myself heading over and trying out the demo. I am much less inclined to do that now, though. Eventually, if I stumble upon something REALLY kicking ass and knocking my socks off, I'd definitely feel obliged to try it. As it is now, I stick to Kazrog and S-Gear 2, as I know those two plugins well and use them well, for my purposes at least.

No hard feelings!
Last edited by EvilDragon on Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EvilDragon wrote:So what is the "right" output?

A recording is supposed to translate well to other speaker systems, no matter how simple that recording might be. Don't you think?
--see above..we posted together.

What it is doing different EvilDragon is pushing the monitors as an amp gets pushed..this is different than any other software, which places you in a 'field' where everything is flat response ready, like a recording

^once you try it, you're response is OMG.

spacekid wrote:What it is doing different EvilDragon is pushing the monitors as an amp gets pushed..this is different than any other software, which places you in a 'field' where everything is flat response ready, like a recording
Hmmm, so I suppose that has merits for playing live in your room I guess, but not really THAT useful for recording, because as far as I can tell, the sole purpose of ampsim plugins is to produce the sound of a RECORDED amp as close as possible (hence all the cabsims and IRs and stuff)?

Also, I don't think that monitors SHOULD be pushed like an amp cab is, those are fundamentally very different types of speakers...

EvilDragon wrote:
spacekid wrote:What it is doing different EvilDragon is pushing the monitors as an amp gets pushed..this is different than any other software, which places you in a 'field' where everything is flat response ready, like a recording
Hmmm, so I suppose that has merits for playing live in your room I guess, but not really THAT useful for recording, because as far as I can tell, the sole purpose of ampsim plugins is to produce the sound of a RECORDED amp as close as possible (hence all the cabsims and IRs and stuff)?

Also, I don't think that monitors SHOULD be pushed like an amp cab is, those are fundamentally very different types of speakers...
Exactly..you have to rerecord it. And, as far as pushing your monitors, it's nothing more than you get from a bass drum hit on any album, or anything..it's just present now :)

OK we're at least on the same page now, I can see how those sound examples of yours turned out less wowing than they should have been! :)

EvilDragon wrote:OK we're at least on the same page now, I can see how those sound examples of yours turned out less wowing than they should have been! :)
Thank you :) I'm really not trying to be a jerk, I just wanted to share what I figured out with you guys :)

spacekid wrote:I'm really not trying to be a jerk

Hey, me neither :D

Yeah, I have my cop-hat on today, always gets me into trouble. Carry on, we're mostly doing just fine.

Return to “Effects”