Peavey ReValver 4 - ACT Combo and ACT Rack released!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
HeadRush ReValver

GrabtharsHammer wrote:
spacekid wrote:And through my speakers, your sound is lifeless, dull, and sounds like *hit. So what's your point. My speakers can handle more high end than yours? because that's all I'm getting out of it.*check that, I'll be specific. My speakers represent high-end better than yours(it's takes less) but can handle Bass much better than yours without bottoming out..so adjust it.
Dude, seriously, you should watch your mouth. EvilDragon is a very respected forum member and really has some knowledge and experience. If someone like him criticises your sounds, you really should consider if he could be right. And IMHO he is.

I am not an expert and/or professional and would never claim to be. But I have learned a lot on this forum.

You on the other hand seem to think of yourself as an expert who can tell others how it's done. Sadly, judging from your posts and samples... you are clearly not. Next time start with tuning your guitar. :dog:
Oh, look at my forum date also, I'm not new. And I never said I was an expert either. It's just a fact that we all have different gear.

spacekid wrote:
GrabtharsHammer wrote:
spacekid wrote:And through my speakers, your sound is lifeless, dull, and sounds like *hit. So what's your point. My speakers can handle more high end than yours? because that's all I'm getting out of it.*check that, I'll be specific. My speakers represent high-end better than yours(it's takes less) but can handle Bass much better than yours without bottoming out..so adjust it.
Dude, seriously, you should watch your mouth. EvilDragon is a very respected forum member and really has some knowledge and experience. If someone like him criticises your sounds, you really should consider if he could be right. And IMHO he is.

I am not an expert and/or professional and would never claim to be. But I have learned a lot on this forum.

You on the other hand seem to think of yourself as an expert who can tell others how it's done. Sadly, judging from your posts and samples... you are clearly not. Next time start with tuning your guitar. :dog:
Oh, look at my forum date also, I'm not new. And I never said I was an expert either. It's just a fact that we all have different gear.
and the guitar is in tune btw..you're probably hearing the effects mixed with the Eq. And you're really drifting off-topic by attacking me personally. What I am talking about is the task at hand, I'm saying things with a smile to EvilDragon, but the internet doesn't convey this..sorry

spacekid wrote:Wether you realize it or not, we are all listening through different speakers, of course you have to adjust things with presets..get on with it, it blows the hell out of kazrog..hands down. It can do anything you want
All I will say is, I think I would struggle more to get your guitar tone to sit in a song because of the huge amount of bass energy. Also, I think your sound lacked definition for the same reason. I did like your tone, it's the sort of tone that if I were standing in front of a 4x12 cab I would enjoy. It's just that by the time you've thrown bass and drums at it, it would all get mushy and indistinct. ED's sample is much more mix-friendly. That is all.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

Indeed, I make my sounds so they fit the mix more easily. Getting it right at the source is better than EQing the hell out of it afterwards... And indeed, I don't have huge speakers here and/or a subwoofer to handle the extreme low end (I have Equator D5mkII, which are excellent monitors and handle bass down to 50 Hz just fine, which is good enough for me) - but I do have pretty great headphones that are decently flat and very referential (BeyerDynamic DT880), and as such I think I can estimate how a sound is balanced throughout the spectrum pretty well.

BTW spacekid, if you claim you feel R4 has 3x more dynamics (ermm) than Kazrog's stuff - why aren't your examples demonstrating that? :) Just asking, NHF.

cprompt wrote:
spacekid wrote:Wether you realize it or not, we are all listening through different speakers, of course you have to adjust things with presets..get on with it, it blows the hell out of kazrog..hands down. It can do anything you want
All I will say is, I think I would struggle more to get your guitar tone to sit in a song because of the huge amount of bass energy. Also, I think your sound lacked definition for the same reason. I did like your tone, it's the sort of tone that if I were standing in front of a 4x12 cab I would enjoy. It's just that by the time you've thrown bass and drums at it, it would all get mushy and indistinct. ED's sample is much more mix-friendly. That is all.
It's bass, treble and mid like everything else. It had more than enough definition here. People just really don't get the idea that you have to demo things side by-side on your own system.

EvilDragon wrote:Indeed, I make my sounds so they fit the mix more easily. Getting it right at the source is better than EQing the hell out of it afterwards... And indeed, I don't have huge speakers here and/or a subwoofer to handle the extreme low end (I have Equator D5mkII, which are excellent monitors and handle bass down to 50 Hz just fine, which is good enough for me) - but I do have pretty great headphones that are decently flat and very referential (BeyerDynamic DT880), and as such I think I can estimate how a sound is balanced throughout the spectrum pretty well.

BTW spacekid, if you claim you feel R4 has 3x more dynamics (ermm) than Kazrog's stuff - why aren't your examples demonstrating that? :) Just asking, NHF.
Again, I'm not going to bother with off topic replies until you demo it yourself. You spend plenty of time on forums, here and other places..you can afford a break. (If you play with it you will feel the dynamics) As for the source..you are working with the source, or whatever source you want for that matter, I have done about 14 amp sources(eq curve), 6 channels(eq), 6 EQs(eq) and a RAT pedal..I'm not using the ACT Amp only the ACT Rack..you have the full sources..I've posted all of them up on Revalver site so you can mix and match whatever you like :)

^ I should add..the sources go with targets..I've done them all in a consistant way, so that all you get are the calculated(once you enter the 2 files)difference curve..the magnitude and placement of change occurring.You also have a blend knob and a smooth knob to work with. The whole thing is as destructive or non-destructive as you want. Made easier by the fact that you can simply click through the targets(which are actually replacable sources themselves) and easily find something close, if not exactly like you want..without ever having to go to a manual eq level.(I wasn't trying to be insulting when I said it will take you a few months to figure everything out..I spent 3 months just working with the internals and what they do).
Last edited by spacekid on Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

spacekid wrote:It's bass, treble and mid like everything else.
All things in moderation ;)

I've got the demo of the ACT cab and rack, I will play with it tonight. Are there any presets I could try? Maybe it was you who posted the presets but I couldn't make Revalver see them even though I unzipped them in to the correct folder.

cprompt wrote:
spacekid wrote:It's bass, treble and mid like everything else.
All things in moderation ;)

I've got the demo of the ACT cab and rack, I will play with it tonight. Are there any presets I could try? Maybe it was you who posted the presets but I couldn't make Revalver see them even though I unzipped them in to the correct folder.
I'll give you links below..even though my speakers are off, It's just discouraging to not be able to let people know what it can do, I apologize..I don't have all the sources and targets bundled together yet, so you will have to go through the topics I list as 1 and 2 to get them. The Rat pedal + my newest preset is in the topic I'll post as 3(the file Soldano(for the purists) ..

1) pick up sources and targets..place into folders as listed for your convenience https://peavey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=43771

2) another source target combo, not my favorite as I like Marshalls as in #1 https://peavey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=43787

3) the rat pedal & newest preset.. a short explanation is there also as to how I'm doing sourcing, if you're interested
https://peavey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=43793

You "imported" the presets via the Revalver menu? ..but yeah, the important thing(since I know my system is different) is to grab the sources and targets..that's where all my "free" community service has gone lately :)

Ok, thanks. I'll try this out later and see what happens!

cprompt wrote:Ok, thanks. I'll try this out later and see what happens!
Cool. yeah, the example presets are helpful for a quick starting point, as I left them default, or close to that for the most part. They also start with the default mic position + amp/cab combination that matches the profiling of the Target files that you will choose from.

spacekid wrote:https://soundcloud.com/spacekid1-1/marshall-soldano

last one for now. I'm interested to hear other people's work with Revalver also :)

there's a little push from the compressor because I didn't bother to adjust it..it's just a demo, but the push isn't there in reality..you'll hear it kick out :dog:
No offense, but this clip didn't exactly make me want to try the amp modeler. This tone has something going on that doesn't sit well with me. I'm not exactly sure of the terminology to use......but I got a "plasticy" feeling from the sound. Like....you can tell it's an amp sim right off the bat. Compared to what I get from the Thermionik amps, that is a huge step down from what I usually use. Even Amplitube gives me a better tone than that.

I have agree with the criticisms toward what you're posting. I get that you're passionate about Revalver (I see your lot of posts over the Peavey forum too) but come on now. You can't honestly post what you posted and then insinuate that other people don't know what they're doing or talking about.

Staying out of that!

Still haven't taken it for a spin. Part of me wants to, part of me likes my minimal "not demoing every single f...g thing" tude I've taken on.

Plus, after 100 years of dorking with tone I've gotten to where I wouldn't know a good guitar tone if it bit me in the ass :lol: (of course others can)

xphen0m wrote:
spacekid wrote:https://soundcloud.com/spacekid1-1/marshall-soldano

last one for now. I'm interested to hear other people's work with Revalver also :)

there's a little push from the compressor because I didn't bother to adjust it..it's just a demo, but the push isn't there in reality..you'll hear it kick out :dog:
No offense, but this clip didn't exactly make me want to try the amp modeler. This tone has something going on that doesn't sit well with me. I'm not exactly sure of the terminology to use......but I got a "plasticy" feeling from the sound. Like....you can tell it's an amp sim right off the bat. Compared to what I get from the Thermionik amps, that is a huge step down from what I usually use. Even Amplitube gives me a better tone than that.

I have agree with the criticisms toward what you're posting. I get that you're passionate about Revalver (I see your lot of posts over the Peavey forum too) but come on now. You can't honestly post what you posted and then insinuate that other people don't know what they're doing or talking about.
lol. That "tone" is my personal monitoring system being pushed to peak at all levels I want it to(not yours, and it's not a ment for regular speakers mix down), can Amplitube do that for your system, no .Like I said, you people are online more than you are trying things out yourself. I put modules together for you to try yourself, I didn't put together a "tone" for a regular system to handle in order to show you what it can do. And I'm not that passionate about Revalver, it's kind of one of those things where you try something new and you say "what, I can do that" and then you go try to explain it to someone who has no experience with it and they say, no you can't..but wait, "I did"..no you can't and I'm not even going to try it myself because I already know..so who is being the real *sshole here?

^ And if you are still confused. I'm not doing an output recording of my system, you are getting the data file that causes my system to peak..It shouldn't sound right to you. I have no idea what you are getting, but for me it is perfect. Just come on over and give it a try. That's much easier than doing it yourself I guess.

Return to “Effects”